Vancouver Canucks season

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting as how long can the Nucks live in Limbo land....

There are SO many front office issues between the Aquilini's, Trevor et al. Whether or not Willie is the guy they sure aren't setting him up too well.....unfortunately contracts before Trevor's time are hamstringing him too.

It doesn't help either.....and this is right from a former NHLer's mouth that Trevor is not that well liked by GM's etc around the league. Don't shoot the messenger....;).

There are SO many front office issues between the Aquilini's, Trevor et al. Whether or not Willie is the guy they sure aren't setting him up too well.....unfortunately contracts before Trevor's time are hamstringing him too.

It doesn't help either.....and this is right from a former NHLer's mouth that Trevor is not that well liked by GM's etc around the league. Don't shoot the messenger....;).
I wasnt thrilled when Linden came into the picture.Might be a suprise but I was disappointed when they canned Tort! One year and hes gone? Situation there was he attempted to discipline and bring some discipline into that team. Team didnt like that,rebelled and guess who threw him under the bus? The Sedins who expected to be treated with white kid gloves. Sedins days were over couple years ago but MGT stays with them. Guess what, they are older ,cant skate anymore and as far as trades, forget it

..... I was disappointed when they canned Tort! One year and hes gone? Situation there was he attempted to discipline and bring some discipline into that team. Team didnt like that,rebelled and guess who threw him under the bus?t
Stupid behaviour ike this is why he was canned

my money was on tort's.. :D
Linden fired Gillis and Torts Linden hired Benning and De Jardins I dont know if DeJardins is a coach. I am suspect of Benning. This year is a write off. Aquilini please clean house
Oh and look what Torts is doing with Columbus now
Dogbreath his behavior, no thats not why he was let go,the team threw him under the bus. Look at Cherries antics in the past years,Sinden tolerated him because he knew how to motivate his players. Thus a winning team

Nucks are going to have a hard time catching Colorado. I'm sure there will be a couple winning streaks to spoil a good draft pick.

The Canucks are looking like they will finish in the bottom 3 finally, and of course its in the year after all the superstar players were available. Last year it was Matthews and Laine, before that McDavid and Eichel. Next year there are decent players, but none like any of those 4 guys. It doesnt look too good for the Canucks in the pipeline either. They have no players on team Canada, one on Finland and Boeser was supposed to be on the US team but was injured. Along with drafting no good players for the last decade, including the 2014 disaster choosing "dumb as a bag of pucks" Virtanen just ahead of Ehlers, Nylander and Hayden Fleury. Same draft Jared McCann one ahead of David Pastrnak. Then you have trades like Schneider for Horvat, Luongo for Markstrom (plus paying some of Lou's salary and taking on his Cap penalties when he retires), Kesler for almost nothing, even trading away Gustaf Forsling who is a promising young guy who made the blackhawks and is a regular there for Adam Clendening who isnt even with the team and is mostly a minor leaguer for NYR. They have had one 2nd round pick (Demko) in the last 4 years as they were all traded for Roy, Vey, and Baertschi. Maybe of all those deals only the Baertschi one might be argued as at least being decent. You cant be poor at the draft table, and get taken on trade after trade and expect the Twins will be able to play forever which is the current strategy.

So was not impressed with play about a month ago so stopped watch and then had bud over and we watched them last night,OMG what a terrible team dump and run system may work but you have to have someone "run" in to get puck countless times they tried and same result right back out...
Then in second watched there PP said to my bud here we go again dump it in a few passes later its in the back of canucks net...if i can see how bad that is cant the coach's???
time for willie to be gone team is not responding and never will...

Linden fired Gillis and Torts Linden hired Benning and De Jardins I dont know if DeJardins is a coach. I am suspect of Benning. This year is a write off. Aquilini please clean house
Oh and look what Torts is doing with Columbus now
Dogbreath his behavior, no thats not why he was let go,the team threw him under the bus. Look at Cherries antics in the past years,Sinden tolerated him because he knew how to motivate his players. Thus a winning team
I think are missing the fact that Columbus has been so crappy for so long that they have been stockpiling good talent via high draft picks. That's why they are good. Most great teams like Chicago were lousy for a long time so they could accumulate a lot of talent

I still think Torts sucks!

Merry Canucks Christmas. Keep the faith as painful as it is.

Attachments

• 20161225_091311.jpg
    20161225_091311.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 19
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back