Van Isl Bass

nomad14

anyone been out targeting bass yet and if so any tips or reports? im planning to go out this weekend and was looking for a place or two to go either quesnel or shawnigan

Its June... they are not hard to find.... even with this cold spring.. they can only wait so long.
I havent been out but been looking. the sunfish are out in force, but havent seen any bass beds, probably cause where I was lookin.
I would throw some large crank baits for those roaming largies between Elk and Beaver right bout now ;)

i wasnt even aware there was largemouth on the island are their populations strong in elk and beaver?

There seems to be a few.... Big too. Ive always done best with a 4 or 5 inch rubber crank bait that storm makes. Anything else Ive thrown has been ignored

Just talked to a buddy that fished Thetis the other day... said they were everywhere, nice sized ones too (smallies)

Shawnigan Lake is awesome with numerous bass. Once I was told that this lake had good fishing for bass as I was a newbie. I was out there for the first time in hot weather two summers back, hooked up and released several good bass...plus almost land a 6 plus monster.

i was reading and you are saying there are bass on vancouver island me and my wife are going in june and i am from alberta and i miss bass fishing in ontairio but to far to go fishing i am bringing my canoe can anybudy tell me the good spots please and thanks

I prefer to jig a black salthy worm. Works great for me

Back