Value of Kellahan 17.

Thunder21

I've got a line on a older kellahan center console with a late 90s mariner 90hp on it. I was thinking of making the guy an offer so I had a boat to fish Barkley sound with . I'm sick of dragging mine on the ferry. Before I do I was hoping to get some opinions on the value . The boat is in very good shape for its age. Motor is showing its age but runs well. No trailer and no electronics . In your guys' opinion what is something like this worth? It is not the one on Craigslist. Thanks for any info.

All I can say is cash talks. Arrange to see it before the weekend and show up with cash. Set a limit for yourself and take only that much money with you. When I bought my truck I knew what I wanted and how much I could spend. Wasn't a private sale was a dealer. I rolled in at 4: 30 on Friday afternoon. He wanted $13,400. Pulled out my wad of cash and walked out with the truck for $8300.00. Seeing as it's a long weekend comin up, I'd try to talk with the guy Friday around noon. Everyone needs extra cash on a long weekend.

All I can say is cash talks. Arrange to see it before the weekend and show up with cash. Set a limit for yourself and take only that much money with you. When I bought my truck I knew what I wanted and how much I could spend. Wasn't a private sale was a dealer. I rolled in at 4: 30 on Friday afternoon. He wanted $13,400. Pulled out my wad of cash and walked out with the truck for $8300.00. Seeing as it's a long weekend comin up, I'd try to talk with the guy Friday around noon. Everyone needs extra cash on a long weekend.
Ya that's good advice and it sounds like you got a great deal. I have already looked at the boat . He had promised a couple friends first dibs but they didn't bite.I am in a position to get a great deal if you guys think it's worth over 10.

Anywhere around $10K would be a great buy!

I grew up using a slightly smaller model and have nothing but good things to say about kellahan boats.

I sold my 16' kellahan with a 90 and 6 hp 4 strokes yams for 10k 10 years ago , now the same boat is for sale with a few mods and the same power with 2xs the hours for 15k . I can't beleive how much these aluminum boats are now fetching , at the time It was hard to get 10k but they seem to have increased in value if anything . Also most people wouldn't believe the weather I saw in that boat and regularly high lined as compared to much larger boats . The hulls are solid and will never devalue , but you have to consider the overall package and how ready for sea she is before you throw anyone full asking price

Ya that's good advice and it sounds like you got a great deal. I have already looked at the boat . He had promised a couple friends first dibs but they didn't bite.I am in a position to get a great deal if you guys think it's worth over 10.

I know the one your talking about never looked close at it but though it was a great buy not at that stage in life where that boat works for me but it would be perfect for what your thinking and is priced awesome.

I know the one your talking about never looked close at it but though it was a great buy not at that stage in life where that boat works for me but it would be perfect for what your thinking and is priced awesome.
I went up to Lund yesterday and picked up the boat. Me and my brother in law split the cost and it's going to stay in Alberni to fish sockeye and down Barkley sound . Ended up paying 7500$ . I think we did pretty good . Thanks for all the input. It helped me pull the trigger .

I went up to Lund yesterday and picked up the boat. Me and my brother in law split the cost and it's going to stay in Alberni to fish sockeye and down Barkley sound . Ended up paying 7500$ . I think we did pretty good . Thanks for all the input. It helped me pull the trigger .

Yeah if it's not exactly what you want easy sale. Congrats enjoy!

Back