UV charge box

abbyfireguy

Picked up one of these last week. Will give it a try and see how it works with the uv stuff.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 479
Picked up one of these last week. Will give it a try and see how it works with the uv stuff.

Interested to hear how you make out! The ONLY time that I have actually charged my glow gear (which is what I can only assume that you mean by UV...as glow takes charge, not UV, which just reflects) I caught my biggest salmon ever; a 33lb Tyee off the Victoria waterfront before dawn. Need to start doing that again...

Yup glow gear,my bad..seems well built and is very popular in the Great Lakes and Mid west. Can't see why this isn't what one needs to fully charge all their Glo gear in a quick and full manner. About 10 minutes is what it takes. My glow hootchies I use for Hali will be the first victims..

I assume it is 12 volt. Where did you get it, who makes it and what is the price range? I would be interested in getting one but not sure if anyone local is selling them.

But A UV light is probably more effective at charging - which is what I think is in the box (e.g. black light).

I've got a little unit that's about the size of an eyeglass case, it came from the harbour chandler and has been running off the same batteries for 2 yrs. It's made by Rapala and I believe it's got UV lights in it, but they could be LED, I can't remember.

A flash from a camera or a handheld flashlight passed over the lure gives a minor charge. It does not fully and deeply charge and does not last as long as possible. Placing out in the sun takes a long time.
Closed boxes with UV lights in them gives to fisherman the opportunity to deeply charge the items fairly quickly.
Ten minutes in well equipped boxes seems to work well from all reports.
I have tried all sorts of things and stumbled on this product after bumping into a fellow camping on Whidbey Island of all places. He is from Everett and uses one for his Hali tackle.

The link to the company is:

http:/overboard industries.com

They have several UV products .

I bought the original box which is large enough to put two full sized flashers in it.

Yup.. I have a shipping address in Sumas.. Just across the border from me. Really helps with getting US items quickly..

If the particular lure is "glow" only......no problem leaving it in the sun.

If the lure has glow but also has a UV component on it as well....leaving it in the sun is not a good idea....especially with hoochies.

The sunlight will cook your UV pigments and the hoochy will turn an opaque bluish color.......and you can't fix it.

Seeing as how the light in the box shown is UV LED, it may be better than straight sunlight.

But I don't think I'd be leaving any UV-component lure in there lit up for extended long periods of time.......

Like I posted earlier 5 to 10 minutes max.That's it.. Usually 5 minutes is it. No damage to any component from all the research and exhaustive questioning I have done.

Back