Used Boat & Car Prices are up by 5%

And I bet there are a whole bunch on this site who voted for this bunch of ###@%$es. How does that go??-- "As ye sow, so ye shall reap!"

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

I can't admit to that as I am Albertan and have decided to cancel my move to BC as it is better to be in AB for now. Sigh!

IMG_1445.jpg

We had talked about going to BC to buy and new boat for when we move there in a couple of years. As for now,..I will be importing my boat from the US, and we will be staying in Alberta for the next 15 years. In my estimation that alone is over $160,000 over the next 15 years we will save on tax by living in Alberta...and $160,000 over the next 15 years that will not go into the BC govt pocket. And that is just for my wife and myself. I'm sure there are more of us out there.

On a plus side for Alberta we do not have any tax increases coming in the next 4 years as it stands right now,..even with this economy.

Good luck BC with all that you have going on right now.

I hear you on the beauty and such but a pension is a fixed income and remove an extra 5% things begin to get tight.[:0][:0]:(

IMG_1445.jpg

$160,000 will buy me one hell of a boat and alot of diesel for traveling to and fro from Alberta to BC. I can even save by buying all my fishing suplies online instead of supporting the tackle shops and fishing supply stores which I always have loved to do when I visit for fishing trips. It sucks because I always have supported the small local shops all my life everywhere I have lived and visited. I still refuse to shop at Walmart, but the gov't is just plain making it harder to justify even paying a few dollars more for anything due to taxes being imposed and fuel surcharge this and levy that:(

I have always had a dream of living on the coast with ocean front property and my own dock and boat. I am now in a position where I can finaly afford it at the onset, but the taxes in BC just make it not make sense to us. It kills me, but I guess it is reality.

I hear you Kris but I will still buy BC as it is not the little guy that I am ticked off at.:D:D

IMG_1445.jpg

quote:The first reason is the more important. Auto dealers have long complained about the slanted playing field that emerged with the introduction of the GST, which they had to collect and private sellers did not. The inequitable tax treatment was blamed for creating a market in backyard and online sales that greatly exceeded sales through GST-registered dealers.

The complaint was substantiated by Industry Canada in a 1998 report that blamed "this skewed tax approach" for "an exploding black market in automobiles."

I love the reference to selling privately as "black market". When did the dealers become the only ones allowed to sell used vehicles openly? I must have missed that one! This is just another example of the unethical practices and language twisting utilized by the Commissars ruling in the Kremlin...oops, I didn't mean to slag the old USSR... I mean Victoria.

To much water, too little time

Back