US Boat Haulers

BigHog

Anyone use a boat hauler from the US lately that could be recommended? Might have a boat on trailer to move from the East Coast soon.

thanks

Yep and I couldn't recommend a nicer guys to deal with then Cap and Dylan at http://dnrtransport.com
he picked mine up in Hilton head and dragged it up to Blaine where I met up with him Paid him his balance and brought it across the boarder myself.
its way easier then that way rather then a transport company dealing with brokers and comm permits and such, just ends up costing you a bunch more especially if your capable of towing your unit across yourself,
also have the boat wrapped for transport if you can. reduces rock and debris damage
they also have a uship account if you would like to see some feedback, I dealt with him away from uship as it cost more in fee's
http://www.uship.com/profile/dnrtransportservice/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/DNR-Transport/317126958364881

Last edited by a moderator:
I used New England hauler to transport 24 Osprey from South Carolina to Port Angeles. Real nice couple. Found on U Ship, not the cheapest but good reviews. I have their card in my files. I had a Grady 27 shrink wrapped for transport from NY to Victoria. Transporter called me and sent pics, that white heat shrink was shreadded after 300 miles. I'm sure you know to get all your supplemental insurance thru your local agent

I used this guy. He left long island on a Thursday. I met him on Sunday in Blaine and took it the rest of the way.
He had 300 or so reviews on uship and not one negative. I highly recommend him

HDtransport
Name: Herb or Deb Ragan
Email address: hd.transport@yahoo.com
Phone: (410) 251-9656
Secondary phone: (443) 235-1765

I have a boat in transport from NC to Puyallup as we speak. He has hauled two other boats for my buddies and came highly recommended. Let me know if you would like his info and I can pass it along.

Cheers

not sure what your plan is, but I would suggest getting the boat and trailer put on a flat deck and save the wear and tear on your trailer - 3000 miles on a trailer is going to age it.

I've heard the same about the shrink wrap, just rips and can beat up the paint flapping and slapping. Just leave it naked and wash the boat when you get it here.

I had my boat bow and glass/cockpit area wrapped in hilton head SC and towed up here (4800kms) and the wrap wasnt torn at all, I dont think its the same stuff they shrink wrap with for winter storage,
it was heavier more vinyl like then that and they said it was specifically for transport, wasnt too bad to peel off and worked like a charm, you could see thru the bugs and splatter where it had taken a few rocks, was fine underneath, didnt cost me much either IIRC

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a way better system than the shrink wrap, I guess it was applied to the hull and upper fore decks etc? Same idea as Ive seen on Audi cars when on transporter. Be well worth the money

That's a way better system than the shrink wrap, I guess it was applied to the hull and upper fore decks etc? Same idea as Ive seen on Audi cars when on transporter. Be well worth the money
yes very similar

I had my boat transported from central Michigan wrapped with the blue stuff, it made it here without any issue and was able to re use it for two winters without any tear. It just has to be re-install before it gets too cold to stretch. US240.00 very well spent!

Thanks for all the great replies guys. Anymore boat haulers that can recommended. Not going to use Uship. Getting closer to needing one !!

Big Hog,

Did you get my PM with info on shipper? So far so good, he is about 1200 miles away, been checking in everyday with progress report, keeping me up to date

Back