Un identified lakes in Sooke

Last Chance

Admin
Staff member
Was out riding northeast of Muir Creek, and I came across a couple of small lakes. One of them had a creek flowing out of the south end of it, with what appeared to be some concrete work to control the height of the lake. There were signs everywhere saying "Fish bearing stream" and "water supply". One of them hand a nice little campsite (with a still smouldering fire) with a big set of antlers nailed up on a tree above it. I didn't have my GPS with me, but does anyone know what these bodies of water are? I TIHNK the one with the concrete work is the source of Orveas creek.

The reason I ask is in both of them it looked like fish rising. The closest thing I can find on Google Earch is resivoir one with a picture of "neat campsite".

Any ideas?

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

How about Ranger & Forslund Lakes?
Here’s a couple of maps to help you! Hope this helps you! :)

MuirCreekArea.jpg

MuirCreekNorth.jpg

MuirCreek.jpg

You want zoomed out? or, zoomed in?
Here is the zoomed in... I can do a zoomed out after I get my drink! :D

If you want these I can send them to you?

TugwellEast.jpg

TugwellZoomedIn.jpg

ranger lake is pretty far up there ,and from what i remember as a kid there was no concrete around it, but there was lots of fish

LC
The only lakes with concrete in that area that I can think of are Diversion Resevoir and Bear Creek Resevoir. Shown on these maps.
??

Tips

Ranger lake can be fun in the spring :). Lots of fish 16" +

I have been to both Bear and diversion. These were clooser. I a going again this weekend if the weather clears with a gp. The concrete was just a spillway where the creek left the lake. Very small lakes, primative boat launch at one and campsite with big set of antlers at the other. Active logging near by.

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

quote:Originally posted by LastChance

I have. The only thinh I found was called small resivior 1. May have been it but the outflowing creek did not look right.

that was probally it I was in there with my truck last year
and headed up the powerline from andersons then went up an old road to the northeast and ran into the some lakes one with crete work I asked around and nobody ive talked to knew about them

yota junkie

We used to go to that lake before they logged and then do the firewood thing LC, not sure what it was called. Had a good rock crawl trail that connected over to tugwell m/l, Ranger , Forslund, Boulder etc. It washed out bad in the mid 90s, trials bike trail now.

Some good piles of wet Snow fillin the hills in Shawni area this past week, fun on the quads for sure.

Time to get out for a midweek tear if your in Bags[:p]

www.tailspincharters.com

Back