Ultrasonic Antifoul Systems

Last edited:
I installed one ling time ago on a cabin cruiser. It was a big transducer that glued into the hull. Wasn't very painful to install. Guybsaid it worked but who knows. Wonder what it's actually doing to sealife.

Thank you for the replies. Wondered about effects it would have on sea life or surrounding environment. I think I’ll just go with the anti foul coating. It’s on a Pursuit 325os so l’m trying to use a product that won’t affect the performance so much.
that keel crab looks interesting. I had a diver pressure wash it last season but wound up with gelcoat repairs from too much pressure too close.

Also should mention that I had the bare hull ceramic coated and although to cleaned up relatively easy when hauled out it still need a scrub. Expensive experience.

I'm told Trilux II is no longer available here for those of us with alloy boats. Hence the interest in this ultra sonic bottom protection. I'd love to hear from anyone who's done the install and can compare before and after results. @ship happens - any feedback from your customer re before and after?

A solution like this: snake oil? or miracle cure?

I'm told Trilux II is no longer available here for those of us with alloy boats. Hence the interest in this ultra sonic bottom protection. I'd love to hear from anyone who's done the install and can compare before and after results. @ship happens - any feedback from your customer re before and after?

A solution like this: snake oil? or miracle cure?

I still know the client, however that was like at least 10 to 12 years ago. Not sure how long he even had the boat. I know he's been through a few boats since then.

On the trilux topic however I did get news in the last few months that there is a new product from interlux and one from the other bigger company down south ( can't remember the name off hand) that we can get up here through my other supplier. So not the end of the world

Reactions: BCI
Back