Ultimate BC Fishing Boat?

I see a lot of guys talking about the Ocean Sports here. I had an Ocean Sport 30 with twin D4-260s for three years. It had great range, great speed on calm days, and lots of storage.

I would say the ride of the hull is harsh - the hard chine on the hull is carried too far forward and what happens in a sea is that the bow re-enters the water about a foot and then instead of slowing down as the bow enters the water, it instead comes to a full stop when it hits the chine.

I would say if you are thinking about buying one, take it for an extended sea trial is some proper weather before you sign on the line.

It does a lot of things well. For me, ride wasn't one of them.

I will second this opinion. Although I have not rode on a 33’. My 30’ OS Roamer was very nice but the ride could have been better. I had a single 370 hp d6 diesel and the boat needed more weight aft. When I trimmed bow in to short interval waves to mellow ride it would bow steer. These boats also have a ton of windage and it is difficult to stay on the troll in breezy conditions. Lastly mine was a bit rolly polly when bottom fishing abeam to the sea. The ride and overall manners of my current 28’ tinny are superior to my old OS. They do look great though and yes nordic is now making them and Jim Lindell is making sportfishers off his original sportfisher hull which has great handling characteristics from what I have heard.

Last edited:
Reactions: BCI
Ocean Sport also makes the 26 foot Legacy, twin 200 Yamahas ... small enough to trailer, though with the 9’6” beam you’d have to have paperwork to move it. I flirted with the idea of the 26 footer, but I’m a social outcast and not sure I even know 4 or 6 guys who would want to fish with me so I stick to a smaller boat that can fit in out of the way hidey holes and not garner too much attention...

That Lindell Offshore 38 footer looks pretty snazzy —-the type of boat you could live on and feel comfortable doing it...but it’s a stone cold mystery to me why Lindell would showcase that boat with triple Yamaha 350’s...maybe they have a special compartment in the lazarette for carrying spare fly wheels so when they detonate and fly through the cowling you can just slap on another and keep motoring.... sad testimony to the relationship builders have with outboard manufacturers....they support each other and suck each other’s blood no matter what the consumer might actually want hung on his transom...

Last edited:
Ocean Sport also makes thr 26 foot Legacy, twin 250 Yamahas ... small enough to trailer though with the 9’6” beam you’d have to have paperwork to move it. I flirted with the idea of the 26 footer, but I’m a social outcast and don’t even know 4 or 6 guys who would even want to fish with me so I stick to a smaller boat that can fit in out of the way hidey holes and not garner too much attention...

That Lindell Offshore 38 footer looks pretty snazzy —-the type of boat you could live on and feel comfortable doing it...but it’s a stone cold mystery to me why Lindell would showcase that boat with triple Yamaha 350’s...maybe they have a special compartment in the lazarette for carrying spare fly wheels so when they detonate and fly through the cowling you can just slap on another and keep motoring.... sad testimony to the relationship builders have with outboard manufacturers....they support each other and suck each other’s blood no matter what the consumer might actually want hung on his transom...

At the Seattle show for the 38' it was triple F300s. Just double checked on the Inside Passage Yacht Sales facebook page.

if the lotto ever came in its the coastal craft hands down been on the 45' pro fish and the 33' -30'
if you have the funds and you desire the best ......

but coming from Gibsons and worked on the 65's i have to be loyal to a local company

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2019/Coastal-Craft-30-Profish-3236649/
This is my pick too the Coastal craft 30’ LOA is actually 36’ which makes it un-towable without a boatmover but dam what an awesome boat.. custom aluminum boat builders here on the island need to take note of theese vessels and the amazing interiors.

Last edited:
Back