Ukee fishin mid June

Fisher_dude

Crew Member
Wife and I will be spending 4 nights at a cottage in Ukee for our 10 year wedding anniversary from June 8-12. We honeymooned at the black rock so we decided to go back. Is it worth towing the boat from kelowna for a few days fishing or just get a charter? Seems like the typical salmon/hali fishing is hit or miss that time of year. I’d be ok chasing lings and other ground fish though.

Wife and I will be spending 4 nights at a cottage in Ukee for our 10 year wedding anniversary from June 8-12. We honeymooned at the black rock so we decided to go back. Is it worth towing the boat from kelowna for a few days fishing or just get a charter? Seems like the typical salmon/hali fishing is hit or miss that time of year. I’d be ok chasing lings and other ground fish though.
We towed a boat down to Ucluelet last year from Vernon. Was only a 3 day trip and was too windy to get out on one of the 3 days so was only two days fishing. Road was terrible and 3hrs or more construction delay on the day we left but got lucky going in and caught the opening. If I was to do a short trip again I’d just book a charter. Gas/ferry there and back for truck and boat was about $1000.

I go first week of June every year to bamfield so same same but different.

if you’re gonna fish one day, get a charter. If you’re gonna fish three days, bring your boat. You can find fish but not worth ferry cost for one day of fishing. And you might be busier doing sightseeing and eating good food and what not

Charter

June has some of the best fishing, and not a lot of boat traffic - you wont go wrong.

We have stayed at Black Rock 4 or 5 times and each visit the Hotel is looking more tired and a bit more worn.

We are going to stay at the hotel at Pluvio this spring. They only have 4 rooms so it books up early

Book your anniversary dinner at Pluvio right now. Seriously.

It is a world class eatery (and a small intimate room) and it books up months in advance. 2 Seatings a night .

Last edited:
I’ll look into it. Thanks for the idea. The wife found a cozy cabin with a hot tub. Much rather stay there than a resort. Should be fun.

I can’t speak for the fishing in June but we had a killer dinner at Frankie’s in Ukee. Cool vibe, relaxed atmosphere, plus great food at a decent price. Can’t wait to go back.

Back