Tuna Snack

Birdsnest

I was out hunting last week and took a tuna loin and the basic sushi stuff I like to use. I threw this snack together and it turned out to be really very good. I have been home and have duplicated it. The only thing I did not have while hunting was the flying fish roe but it just make it look extra nice so do not worry about it.

You will need:

1 raw tuna loin cut into aprox 1.25" thick strips.
real mayo
lime juice
wasabi
soy sauce
sesame oil
sesame seeds
sushi ginger
cucumber
iceberg lettuce
green onion

Loin prep:

put soy and wasabi mixed together on a plate to taste
role the loin pieces in that
coat the loin in sesame seeds
sear all sides of the loin in a smoking hot pan with sesame oil in it. Hopefully your seeds on the loin will just start to brown but do not do this for more than 20-30 seconds per side.
Place loins aside and let cool on paper towel
Slice after on paper towel using a very thin and sharp knife. slice about 1/4 inch thick or more if you desire.

Wasabi Mayo

Mix some wasabi into real mayonnaise about 1 part wasabi to 10 parts mayo and then add lime juice to thin that mixture slightly. Add wasabi to taste.

The build:

Slice cucumber in the round 1/4" thick and place some shredded lettuce on top of that.
slice some ginger so that it is in thin strips, or not, and put that on top of the lettuce.
Add a dab of wasabi mayo to that
this should look like this:
IMG_1264.jpg

Then add a slice of tuna and place another dab of wasabi mayo and sprinkle some green onions on top of that. I have added flying fish roe for appearance but it is not necessary.
This can be served as a salad or as finger snack but they are a fair mouth full but such is the nature of eating sushi. This is how it should look.
IMG_1266.jpg

IMG_1267.jpg

Enjoy!

That looks absolutely amazing chef Birdsnest. Thanks for sharing. I will be making those soooon!!!;):).

Back