Tuna 28th 29th or 29th 30th

michael_reiber

Looking to see if anyone was planning to do tuna out of ucluelet ideally but would possibly go to winter harbour if weather etc cooperates, we are looking for a buddy boat to go with. We were supposed to do tuna in Westport today but unfortunelty was cancelled due to the weather. We have never done tuna before but have lots of salmon and halibut experience are very knowledgeable of the ucluelet area. But have never targeted tuna before. If anyone has any tips or is Interested in possibly going let me know!

Cheers,

Michael

Sorry to hear about the cancelled trip, that happened to me last year. Temp break looks to be a long way off of Ucluelet still; maybe 100-150 nm but someone more in the know can correct me. That is an ambitious trip! Watch the winds on the 29th. If the wind has a south component to it the swell will really stack up. I'd be hesitant to go that distance with how the forecast looks right now, but my experience is limited and I don't know your boat or comfort level.

It's not over yet. Weather and water I mean. The fish, well that's another thing.

Back