Travel Trailer Tires

Sitkaspruce

Our 11 year old travel trailer tires are done..
:Ooops
. They came with our travel trailer and I didn't pay attention to them, other than I am anal about pressure and inspection...but not the manufactures date. Looked today and they have age cracks on the side wall. Trailer is a 21' GVWR is ~5700 lbs. Looking at 205/75-15 D

Anyways, I have access to Carlisle HD ~$910, Westlake ~$650 and GY Endurance ~$1070, all local. I can buy Maxxis M8008+ online ~$665 shipped and GY Endurance for ~$800 shipped. I then have to get them mounted.

Lots of choices, lots of research on trailer sites. We are heading north to the Yukon in a year or two, so looking for real experiences on what tires you use.

Also, any experience with buying online?

Cheers

SS

On one of the other forums that I follow, (Tugnuts) the consensus by far is that Goodyear Endurance stands out above the rest.

I've had Carlisle on my last 2 boat trailers and 1 Rv trailer and never had any problems. They always seem to get good reviews, but I have heard that the GoodYear Endurance tires are great and are also rated highly. I'm in the market for a 5th wheel and those are the tires I'm looking at to put on when I get one

Continental tires are great but only for highway use not off road, they are like a commercial truck tire with a ribbed design and help with milage. a lot of people run lite truck tires as long as the payload is the right size. Always try to get a popular brand tire in case of a tire failure that way its easy too replace. I also buy higher rated ply tires and have tire monitor devices to monitor tire pressures. That is the biggest thing, because most times you can catch a blow out before it happens.

Thanks all

I should have stated I live in FSJ.

I am disappointed with the local tire stores, especially Fountain Tire. I am leaning towards Goodyear Endurance, the only US made tire and the most expensive. But Fountain wouldn't even try to sell me them, they only wanted to sell me some China Bomb Road Rider tires....for $150 less that the GY's

Narrowed it down to the GY's, Maxxis 8008 and Carlisle HD Trail. But no one is really interested in selling me some. Its all about Westlakes, Road Riders, Motomaster and some other Chinese made tires.

Will probably get them shipped and find someone to mount them.

Cheers

SS

Thanks all

I should have stated I live in FSJ.

I am disappointed with the local tire stores, especially Fountain Tire. I am leaning towards Goodyear Endurance, the only US made tire and the most expensive. But Fountain wouldn't even try to sell me them, they only wanted to sell me some China Bomb Road Rider tires....for $150 less that the GY's

Narrowed it down to the GY's, Maxxis 8008 and Carlisle HD Trail. But no one is really interested in selling me some. Its all about Westlakes, Road Riders, Motomaster and some other Chinese made tires.

Will probably get them shipped and find someone to mount them.

Cheers

SS
The goodyear would be first and Maxxis second, unless the your tire size is available in light truck. A quality tire that has less chance of coming apart at speed is the way I would go, damage to your trailer could be expesive and cut your trip short witch would suck. I would just pay up and get the good ones, really its not that much more.

Back