Transom Rebuild Recommendations

Southswell

I’ve got a new to me 1999 185 Double Eagle. Floor and stringers are good, but it needs a new transom. I’ve got a quote from extreme fiberglass in Nanaimo, but I’m wondering if there are other shops that might be able to provide a quote as a point of comparison. We were quoted $4,500 which seems reasonable to me.
Thanks for any advice!

Attachments

• DEBE2850-C376-4211-96DD-2F59BB1700D7.jpeg
    DEBE2850-C376-4211-96DD-2F59BB1700D7.jpeg
    470.6 KB · Views: 81
I’ve got a new to me 1999 185 Double Eagle. Floor and stringers are good, but it needs a new transom. I’ve got a quote from extreme fiberglass in Nanaimo, but I’m wondering if there are other shops that might be able to provide a quote as a point of comparison. We were quoted $4,500 which seems reasonable to me.
Thanks for any advice!
Extreme fiberglass is top notch

Thanks for any advice!
I saw that one for sale.What condition is the Suzuki in? Can't go wrong for that price.

I saw that one for sale.What condition is the Suzuki in? Can't go wrong for that price.
It’s a 2015 with 600 hours. Fluids all looked good, compression was excellent, trim and everything works. Haven’t fired it up yet, but I see no reason it won’t be an excellent runner. Yeah, trailer is decent too. I’m excited.
Will be listing my smaller DE soon. Just need to decide on a reasonable price. mid 80s with good floor stringers and transom. 115 oil injected merc.

Attachments

• C750C261-A3B5-4E58-9170-4B7895F6E9FD.png
    C750C261-A3B5-4E58-9170-4B7895F6E9FD.png
    983.6 KB · Views: 59
It’s a 2015 with 600 hours. Fluids all looked good, compression was excellent, trim and everything works. Haven’t fired it up yet, but I see no reason it won’t be an excellent runner. Yeah, trailer is decent too. I’m excited.
Will be listing my smaller DE soon. Just need to decide on a reasonable price. mid 80s with good floor stringers and transom. 115 oil injected merc.
You stole that thing if the motor's good.

Thanks for any advice!
Can't beat Jenkins Marine in Sooke
Well worth the trip to bring it down from Nanaimo!

Thanks for any advice!
I don't think your boat is a 1999 model,the 185 De's changed to the present design before that.I have a 2001,new design.

Thanks for any advice!
James @ Extreme is a straight shooter

Back