Trailer Tie Downs

Tide Up

Anything new on the market?

Does anyone use something different that you would recommend other than the Velcro type that seems to come with the purchase?

Saw a guy using some sort of auto ones the other day. He stretched them out hooked them on and pressed a red button and all the slack sucked up.

Thanx for the info

pescador those look slick and the fact that they are attached to the trailer is nice

...Except that they are permanently attached to the trailer where they will be submerged in salt water. Would they last more than a season?

This is what I installed 6 years ago on my trailer.

Well just noticed the answer to my question in this very thread. Seeing how corrosive salt water is on trailers, I am in shocked and awe that pescador has got six seasons out of them. That's a quality ratchet then!

Fisherman Rob,I thought the same thing at first and then read pescadors post saying he got 6 years and still running.Thats a damn good rachet

Happy to show anyone what great shape they are still in. Now, bear in mind I am picky and spray fresh water on my gear as soon as I get back from the launch.

I bought the set of cam/over over-centre ones from Walmart. 2 or 3" straps with beefy hooks on both ends.
Hook on trailer, hook on boat, pull up slack, pull the cam over, done and done. They have little velco straps to neatly tie up the extra strap too.

Back