Trailer Rentals??

Matthias

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to haul my boat from Van to Port Alberni at the end of July for a fishing trip in Bamfield.
I have a 25ft Bertram with no trailer, and no truck to pull it.
I've considered boating to French creek and hiring a boat hauling service to get it to PA.
I'm hesitant on committing to that plan, as weather can prevent me from making the crossing and the trip dates aren't flexible.
Hiring a hauling service from Van to PA is way out of my price range.

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions..
My current thoughts are to source the crowd and see if anyone would rent me their trailer, and rent a truck from uhaul, enterprise or something similar.

So to the world - anyone have a trailer standing by?

Cheers,
Matthias

Hmmm....I do and it could work for you. It has been used for our 26' hourston island runner and It's a double axel roadrunner bunk trailer hat I bought new, probably has 200 kms on it tops. That being said it should be inspected before any long trip for sure but I am open to the conversation definitely.

I should add the boat will be up the coast then but the trailer will be in Vancouver.

Throwing this out there again. Had a few leads but haven't secured anything just yet. If anyone is up for renting a trailer, let me know! Happy to compensate. I should add - I've checked the regs with ICBC and as long as the trailer itself is insured, lending it for less than 15 days a year is not an issue.

Cheers!
Matthias

I can't help with the trailer, but I'm curious if you got quotes from haulers to do the French Creek - Port Alberni trip...roughly what was the price?

I can't help with the trailer, but I'm curious if you got quotes from haulers to do the French Creek - Port Alberni trip...roughly what was the price?
Yea i got a couple quotes. Ranging from 350-500 one way from french creek. Add 100 for nanaimo. Not terrible if you consider the price of hauling on the ferry... but if weather sucks and i can't cross i'm stuck.

Yea i got a couple quotes. Ranging from 350-500 one way from french creek. Add 100 for nanaimo. Not terrible if you consider the price of hauling on the ferry... but if weather sucks and i can't cross i'm stuck.
Thanks for the reply. I understand the weather logistics. I guess you could go a week before and leave the boat...but then you're paying transient moorage, float plane/ferry rides, etc

99% chance the weather will be fine for fishing and crossing in that boat. The issue with borrowing a trailer is what is your wet weight, will bunks need to be adjusted, rental companies are booked solid since they can’t get any new trucks and they don’t allow consumer towing so renting a truck is a pretty slim chance and expensive. I would just book the French creek commercial pickup and have faith

Back