Trailer Axle

Duffer

I have a Spindle thats totally hooped is there anyone in the Comox Valley that anyone recommends to either weld me on a new spindle or build me a new axle? 2 inch galvanized. I have measurements. Im not sure which route to go right now have been pricing out new axles will go that way if I have to. Appreciate any ideas.

Courtenay Spring and Welding did mine. New 3500 lb axle with spindles and backing plates was $320 (for the axle not the labour to install).

Last edited by a moderator:
princess auto has some axles now and then on sale not that hard to put a new one on...

I know cr springs makes them in campbell, but not sure about galvanizing. You can get new spindles welded on(Daigle has them) but the heat from welding wrecks the galvanizing. I bought one from cr springs and they are heavy duty, I just primed and painted it and figure it would outlast the rest of the trailer, that was 10 years ago and still see the trailer at the ramps.

Have a new spindle welded on then paint with cold galvanizing compound, did one last week for a buddy spindle cost $32.50 from Tomcat Trailers on Station rd in Langford.

Have a new spindle welded on then paint with cold galvanizing compound, did one last week for a buddy spindle cost $32.50 from Tomcat Trailers on Station rd in Langford.

Yeh Im hoping I can go this way Im pulling the axle off tonight and bringing it in tomorrow to see if they can do just that, anyone replaced a Spindle and had any issues?

Got a new Spindle welded on today at Spring and Welding good bunch to deal with. Looks like a new axle now lets get er put back together. New brakes and all. Thanks for the words everyone.

Back