Trade my 17p LH for your 15p Rev4 prop

You should really try a 15P enerita eco... what else have you tried on that setup. my buddy had a 23 x 9'6" hydro sport and he is running a 15P enrtia with reasonable results.

You should really try a 15P enerita eco... what else have you tried on that setup. my buddy had a 23 x 9'6" hydro sport and he is running a 15P enrtia with reasonable results.

@mikep

Hey buddy. They dont make a eco in 15p. There is a enertia eco XP in 16.5 p and I tried it. Only 5800prm and fuel wise it didn't do anything better than my 15p mirage plus. I ordered a powertech ofs4 after speaking with their tech line. In 15p a mirage plus is pretty hard to beat.

Rev4 15P does not get very good reviews.

Check with Ken @ Propgods posts on that one... he says he has never had a good one in the 15P.

Paste of his comments on another topic;

I do like Rev 4's, but the 15 pitch for some reason, doesn't hook up like its suppose too. 17+ works great, but ever 15 I've ever sold came back.
The Enertia is a great prop and would likely improve your performance on both ends.

Rev4 15P does not get very good reviews.

Check with Ken @ Propgods posts on that one... he says he has never had a good one in the 15P.

Paste of his comments on another topic;

I do like Rev 4's, but the 15 pitch for some reason, doesn't hook up like its suppose too. 17+ works great, but ever 15 I've ever sold came back.
The Enertia is a great prop and would likely improve your performance on both ends.

Thanks BCI. I am in contact with ken. I know he doesn't like the 15p rev4. I want to add cup to a 15p and see how it runs. If I cant eventually find a trade I'll buy a used one on Ebay if one pops up.

Reactions: BCI
I missed part of your post. I've tried enertia 15p mirage 15p, 17p... enertia eco xp 16.5 and the 17p rev 4. All of them slip like a sob. Got the 15p mirage on it right now because it slips the least but still slipping 23% which I think is still unacceptable. I want to add cup to a 15p rev4 which will reduce rpm but dropping down to a 15p should still get me within verado spec.

Could that have anything to do with hull design? Turbulent water getting into the prop?

Jesus sounds like you have been around the block. Ditch that 300 vrod and get on the list for the pair of 225 v8s rob has there......

Hey guys the rev4 found a new home. We ended up with a Powertech LFS3. It's a 16" diameter 3 blade prop offered in lower pitches. Got the fuel burn down to 11 gph at cruise at 7% slip and 5% slip at WOT. I love it :D

Hey guys the rev4 found a new home. We ended up with a Powertech LFS3. It's a 16" diameter 3 blade prop offered in lower pitches. Got the fuel burn down to 11 gph at cruise at 7% slip and 5% slip at WOT. I love it :D

Excellent results! Can you tell me what your cruise MPH and GPH was before with the Rev4-15 and now with the LFS3? What pitch LFS3?

Thanks!

Excellent results! Can you tell me what your cruise MPH and GPH was before with the Rev4-15 and now with the LFS3? What pitch LFS3?

Thanks!

Yes sir, the rev4 was a 17 pitch. I think it might have been yours actually? Did you have a funky one from a set of twins that wasn't spinning the same rpm that was exchanged at inlet?

The rev4 was cruising at 28/29mph burning 14 gph in fair weather. Trips across the straight or heavy current I've seen as high as 16.5gph.

The LFS3 cruise at 28mph is 11gph and even with someone with not alot of experience running a boat I seen 12.1 gph with them cruising with the motor tucked in and no trim. The powertech is 14p btw.

Yes sir, the rev4 was a 17 pitch. I think it might have been yours actually? Did you have a funky one from a set of twins that wasn't spinning the same rpm that was exchanged at inlet?

The rev4 was cruising at 28/29mph burning 14 gph in fair weather. Trips across the straight or heavy current I've seen as high as 16.5gph.

The LFS3 cruise at 28mph is 11gph and even with someone with not alot of experience running a boat I seen 12.1 gph with them cruising with the motor tucked in and no trim. The powertech is 14p btw.

That's great results going from that Rev4 to that PowerTech.

Yes I got some fresh props from the guys at Inlet. Small world :)

Glad you got that fuel burn in check - props are always tricky - part art part science part luck.

Back