Toyota Tacoma

Bifmalibu

I am very close to pulling the trigger on a brand new Quad door Tacoma TRD. I haven't found any negatives really. I plan to pull my boat at about 3200 lb fully loaded to fish. Anybody have any experiences good or bad? Thanks.

Do it Robbie, I worked for Toyota for 15 years, best built truck in the biz!
You won't be disappointed

I'm a fan of bigger is better for hauling, so if you can stretch it a bit, go for the tundra.
When I was looking, considered the tacoma, but tundra has a weight/power advantage, plus more comfortable cabin.
Has to do with seat height above floor, distance to petals etc. (I'm 6 foot, 200 lb) but just didn't fit into the tacoma comfortably.
6 years on my '07 tundra trd, quad door, still love it.
That said you can't go wrong with either the tacoma or tundra.
Second tip - take a look in the states - when I bought the landed cost of the tundra was about the same as the locals wanted for a tacoma, even with a $0.92 dollar.
Importing not that difficult, search for some of the older threads.

I had a 2010 taco and now have a 2013. I have towed boat of all sizes up to 6500lbs. My boat and trailer now are 4200lbs and it pulls that with easy. The truck will get about 600kms per tank empty and with a boat behind the mileage sucks about 325kms. They are great trucks tons of power pulls my boat way faster up hills run my ford f150 with the 4.6l. That truck will pull you boat with easy.

Good stuff fellas, appreciate the info. The tundra is awesome but overkill for my needs and bank account. Cheers!

I used to work for Toyota. I have a 4runner. As a truck the Tacoma is awesome. You have made the right choice in my opinion!

I drove a tundra from the Okanagan to port Alberto with a Hewescraft behind. It was brutal on gas I was not impressed

I've got a 2011 Taco TRD with the Crew Cab (the full size 4-door) and the 6ft box. I'd suggest getting the long box, not the short one -- they are a pain to park but the rear backup camera is very handy for getting into tight spots. Incredibly stable on the drive from Cowichan to Bamfield. I used to have a 1990 Toyota 4x4 pickup and it's amazing what 20 years of technology has done to this vehicle. Traction and stability control are amazing.

I have the tri-fold box cover. Handy for keeping your stuff dry -- but it doesn't lock -- either does the tailgate so no way to secure any valuables in the back without a full cap.

If you can hold off -- wait until November/December and pick up the remaining 2013 stock -- they had a big sale when I got mine.

Have a tundra that I run the pee outa , pulled my 18 ft boat no problem, got 2ft itis last winter bought a boat and trailer about double the weight of old ,probably weights close to 6000 . Well broke a leaf spring had to rebuild with heavier springs cost me 1500 clams . The Tacoma probably works for now but it might limit your next boat purchase.

I just drove my brother in law f150 Eco boost that truck was unreal tons of power we had the box full and a 16 foot enclosed trailer moving someone frm Vancouver back to penticton. We did 130km on cruise control over the coke and we got 15.9l per 100km round trip as a average and we did 1.5hours of stop and go. It's a crew cab xlt and he bought it this year for 36k plus taxs brand new 2013. Very nice option if your looking at 1/2tons!

Back