Torqeedo motors

Murry

Hi

I was looking at the Torqeedo motors.
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this motor that they would like to share.

Are they worth the price????

Being using one for last 6-7 years. They are worth every penny IMO. As fast as 3 hp gas if required. Light, only about 27-30 LB including the battery. Can go 3-4 days with lake fishing trolling speed without charging. Pushed my pontoon boat about 5 mph with 3/4 speed and the battery can last 2-3 trips with that speed. The trick is not to go full speed, which pushes 6-7 mph but the battery will only last about 75 minutes. Been mainly used on lakes, estuaries and beaches and I have no complaints except for the price. I have the older travel 1003 and it’s a bit noisy but I would get the newer 1103, which is quieter than an electric trolling motor.

I’ve been happy with the one I use on my Hobie kayak. As mentioned, if you go trolling speed the battery lasts a lot longer.

A battery went on one in Victoria, I tried to buy it thinking I could repair the battery but the seller wanted to much for a motor that didn’t work and a replacement battery was very expensive.

With the price of lithium batteries coming down monthly and getting smaller/lighter
I plan to buy a new brushless minn Kota trolling motor and a lifePO4 high density battery with virtual anchoring.

Just one more question.

Since with the Torqeedo the battery is encased in the motor, what are you guys using as the power source for your fishingfinder/sonar?

Back