Top 3 best 80s rock songs/bands

Was going to post up Boston, Longplay/Foreplay...but then that was the 70's. Still the best fishing tune ever.

I'm good with Pink Floyd The Wall even though technically that was 1979.

How about Led Zeppelin, Black Dog...ooops 1971

Crap, thought this thread was songs of the 70's. The great music must have taken a crap in the 80's along with Boy George. Now that was a classic cluster if ever I heard one. What ever became of that icon of Rock.

AC/DC - Billy Idol - Police

The great music must have taken a crap in the 80's along with Boy George. Now that was a classic cluster if ever I heard one. What ever became of that icon of Rock.

The Karma Chameleon ???,
I feel sick to my stomach every time I hear that crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny how tastes change. I was a huge Styx fan in the late 70's, heard them recently and now I wonder why. Boston, Pink Floyd, and Led Zeppelin have stood the test of time and have had in all formats in repeats. Now I find myself enjoying classic hits that at their time I didn't care for that much, mostly pre-80's though. I'll even enjoy some disco stuff once in a while (don't hate me). I guess when you get older those barriers come down.

Was going to post up Boston, Longplay/Foreplay...but then that was the 70's. Still the best fishing tune ever.

I'm good with Pink Floyd The Wall even though technically that was 1979.

How about Led Zeppelin, Black Dog...ooops 1971

Crap, thought this thread was songs of the 70's. The great music must have taken a crap in the 80's along with Boy George. Now that was a classic cluster if ever I heard one. What ever became of that icon of Rock.

Ur aging yourself again.... forgot the Bay City Rollers ;)

The great music must have taken a crap in the 80's along with Boy George. Now that was a classic cluster if ever I heard one. What ever became of that icon of Rock.

He was an icon of British New Wave......different genre. Haha. ;)

His music IS good for one thing. We were sailing in Turkey in October 2013 and coming out from Bodrum were all these crazy day time party boats. Generally full of eastern European tourists and Russians....but they'd all be playing crazy techno dance music and if we were at anchorage you just wanted to leave. Well.....to say we were on a modest boat (120' luxury sailboat) was a huge understatement and we had a CRAZY big stereo. The Captain said "we can fight them with music".....and every time we'd crank up "I'll Tumble for Ya".....they'd pull up anchor and move on. I have one thing to thank Boy George for. :p

Funny how tastes change. I was a huge Styx fan in the late 70's, heard them recently and now I wonder why. .

Ya.......can I get a Moderator into this discussion please? :p We don't need any verbal hate crimes or sh*t talk in this thread or on this forum. ;)

The Boy had his moments. If you could see past the image and the (mostly) junk songs, he actually had a great voice. There a short period in the 80s when blue-eyed soul had it moment in the sun. Paul Young did it well, so did Boy George when he gave the saccharine pop a miss. If you're willing to accept the challenge to your manhood, "Do You Really Want to Hurt Me?" is a good example.

We got same thing in every decade of the popular music era. The 70s gave us Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple, but they also gave us The Carpenters and Sonny & Cher. For every Van Halen, there was a Rick Astley. Looking back from now, we mostly associate just a handful of bands with our favourite decade, but of course at the time there was a huge array of styles out in the music marketplace.

The eighties was all Metal for me !, Metallica = (Battery ,Fade to Black, Master of puppets) Slayer =( Angel of Death, Raining Blood,South of Heaven)

I went to Def Leppard show last week in Penticton. Was never a big fan but didn't dislike them either. Gotta say they played a good solid show, I probably knew 80% of the songs. Unlike so many of the classic rock acts touring these days, their lineup has had but one change since the late 70s and the band never broke up. That's almost as big an achievement as having a one-armed drummer!

I went to a few Dead shows in the 80s. Not sure what decade they would be considered..but man, those were good shows from what I remember.

I went to Def Leppard show last week in Penticton. Was never a big fan but didn't dislike them either. Gotta say they played a good solid show, I probably knew 80% of the songs. Unlike so many of the classic rock acts touring these days, their lineup has had but one change since the late 70s and the band never broke up. That's almost as big an achievement as having a one-armed drummer!

Also went to Def Leppard with the girlfriend last weekend in Victoria , besides the 50$ tee shirts i was pretty impressed.. Solid performance ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like all that have been posted here before.so many bands groups songs .Heavy rock - Ozzy ,Scorpions,or Iron madian.Rock- Bob Seger,ZZ top ,Rush.Soft rock - Nazerith,Boston,Streetheart,John Fogerty.

Back