Tire pressure monitor

scott craven

I took my truck in to get some newer tires put on.
It seems they've found a new way to suck more $$$
The TPM's need to be switched as well for another $70-$100.
They won't disable either.
apparently it's against the law :rolleyes:

Yeah, according to walmart studded tires are against the law too.... I lost it. Nissan sensors don't need to be changed, with new and bigger tires. What brand of truck and store.

Side note, anyone try the valve stem caps that change colour when the pressure is too low? Might be good for the trailer.

Chev Silverado,
apparently I was given misinformation.
The TPM is in the rim, so no additional cost after all.

Funny this is coming up.. The cold weather is setting my TPM warning light on but after a short drive it warms up and goes off. Mechanic says they can't disable it and have to replace it or the warning light will continue to stay on. I,m hoping its just the cold weather or its $70

Check your tire pressures, driving warms up the tire raising the pressure.
Tpms lower pressure thresholds are quite often quite high, likes 60 psi.
Check your door sill or manual for proper pressures before buying parts.

Tires don't warm up much in the cold weather we've been having. Cold pressure and 'warmed up' pressure are much the same. I top up my cold pressure so they're back to spec. That makes them somewhat under pressure in use, since the tire manuf assumes pressures will rise at 'normal' road temps. I think that's a good thing, slightly under pressure for a touch more give and thus better traction.

Here either lol! -26C tonight.... Love studs, have my wife and daughter on them and they are in Jeeps! Cheaper than insurance!

Back