Tips for novice fishing at Knouff Lake?

Goldfinger

Hello, I'll be fishing with borrowed equipment from shore or my dingy, if it's not in storage.
The equipment/ tackle that's rented out from Kamloops Visitor Centre includes a a rod, Wedding Band, and __. A salesperson from a tack shop suggested Spinners and Swivels. I guess I'll need a net, plyers, day license, and something to put any caught fish in.

I'm a real newby. I remember how to gut them but am clueless regarding tying/attaching lures, etc. I'll be Googling before I head out tomorrow. Since my friend with a cabin at the lake says it's (too) weedy out front.
Any tips for fishing from shore or hints are appreciated. Thanks :)

Not sure what the regulations are for that lake but sometimes a worm on a plain hook, a split shot for a bit of weight to get it out, and a bobber to suspend it just off the bottom can work quite well.

Thank you Big Green Machine! I really appreciate the links and tips. I have lots to learn. I'm looking forward to checking them out and fishing. "Here fishy-fishy" :)

-Goldfinger

Last edited by a moderator:
Bigdogeh, I'll add split shot to my list of things to buy before heading out. K.I.S.S often does work great :) I'll check the regulations first. Do some lakes not allow fishing with worms? Thank you for your suggestions. Much appreciated
I'm excited about fishing soon! - Goldfinger

Bigdogeh, I'll add split shot to my list of things to buy before heading out. K.I.S.S often does work great :) I'll check the regulations first. Do some lakes not allow fishing with worms? Thank you for your suggestions. Much appreciated
I'm excited about fishing soon! - Goldfinger

Yes, there are many lakes and streams that do not allow the use of bait.

Back