Thoughts/Opinions on some vintage Hardy's.

Damien

Hey Folks, helping my Aunt's neighbour on the island clearing out his old gear. He's in his 80's and doesn't internet.

He's got a couple Longstones shown in the attachments.

Any information on desirability and general price range for these?

He has a few boxes of flashers, dodgers and spoons of the 60s and 70s era that I will try to get pics of soon. I'm sure there will be diamonds in there.

If anyone is interested in making a fair/reasonable effort to purchase it all as a lot and not cherry pick. Let me know.

You could maybe get first crack at quite a score. I dont have the time, energy or overall desire to play along with piecing this opportunity together.

Located just outside of Nanaimo.image000000.jpgimage000000.jpgimage000001.jpg

Thanks.

Thanks @Damien , met Allen this morning and did a distanced viewing and purchase.
I love bullshitting about good times!
Also picked up a bunch of charts with honey holes! His neighbor had a longstone too. Now I have lots! Need to replenish the mad money stash though...

Thanks @Damien , met Allen this morning and did a distanced viewing and purchase.
I love bullshitting about good times!
Also picked up a bunch of charts with honey holes! His neighbor had a longstone too. Now I have lots! Need to replenish the mad money stash though...
Glad it worked out in more ways than one!

Came across a brand new one in the family relics. A silex. Can’t find a date anywhere. No idea what it’s worth. Thoughts?B95CF109-4F15-463A-AA16-D14DAA0870CB.jpeg
B13969DD-6E12-4909-AB9B-CC0237B99A94.jpeg

That’s a Silex circa mid 60’s to mid-70’s . Nice to find one in pristine condition like that. They trade for a couple of hundred bucks on eBay and at auctions in the UK...it’s the Silex Multipliers and Silex Supers that generate the bigger numbers, but that’s a nice reel

You can see my three Super Silexes on the middle shelf—-I just show them so you can see the difference between the Supers and the more modern Silex...not quite as elegantly made and no stamp of the Hardy reel maker on the inside of the reel like the Supers have

But those newer Silexes are a blast to fish once you get the casting down. And yes, you can use them in the salt ....just put a rubber band over the cast lever when you put it in the downrigger to avoid “reel creep”....I do that with my LOngstones

Attachments

• 6589E65D-E82A-4791-A32E-2953E9446F76.jpeg
    6589E65D-E82A-4791-A32E-2953E9446F76.jpeg
    231 KB · Views: 29
Back