Thoughts on these boats....

I have not owned any of those boats but after reading through each ad I would say the first K&C would be my first choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would go with the 17' K&C. That's a nice package at a decent price. Have the motor checked before you buy it though. Just because it starts and runs on water muffs doesn't mean it doesn't have issues.

The 15' K&C with the 80's evinrude is over priced. That package is worth around $3500-$3750 not $5000.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say the first one also. If any thing I would say the fiirst one may be under powered. I think that a better motor 115hp-140hp. You could just go for the hull and shop around for a better motor as he's willing to part it out. Are you set on K-Cs or is it the price range?

That K&C with the suzuki has a 1968 fiber glass hull....how long does glass last???? 45 year old boat????? it worries me....

Fiberglass lasts pretty much forever. It's the wood in the boat that rots out and should be checked. My boat has a 1969 hull which is solid. The wood however was rotten and I replaced the floor and stringers/transom last year.

Back