Thoughts on buying a new 300 etec

23Hourston

Looks like they are blowing them out
I see they’re out of the outboard game but warranty service and parts are sill a go.
They sure are making it tempting waiting to hear back on some quotes. Hmmmm anyone else looking at one

Wh
I see they’re out of the outboard game but warranty service and parts are sill a go.
They sure are making it tempting waiting to hear back on some quotes. Hmmmm anyone else looking at one
os blowing them out?

I am having twin etc 300's installed. Went to the dealer with an autopilot pump sizing question. Dealer says as of 1 week ago there is nobody answering text support questions; warranty & service only.

I am having twin etc 300's installed. Went to the dealer with an autopilot pump sizing question. Dealer says as of 1 week ago there is nobody answering text support questions; warranty & service only.
That’s bull smack. I have multiple etecs. We’ve used their Tex support a lot. Hanging the responsibilities on the shops. I bet the shops will get sick of that and disappear faster....
I was just in South Island Marine yesterday. The owner is gutted. He loves the motors and just bought the shop a year ago. Just completed a massive renovation at his location as well....

What dealer is this?

I heard Parker’s. Checked it out Their web page says safe up to 11. Grand on em..
My quote from Parker marine....

thanks for the inquiry on the 300Etec g2 package. Please find the package pricing below

1) 2020 H300XWFAK (all white) 25" leg with controls package ( Icon digital control box, Nautilus digital gauge, wiring, key switch , battery cables, Stainless Rebel series prop ) and approx installation $26404.00+ taxes 3 yr warranty . only 1 available in stock

2) The warranty covers parts and labour due to defects for 3yrs and is valid at any authorized Evinrude dealer in Canada. We have 2 locations Courtenay and Nanaimo.
Not looking like 11 grand off to me

Other quote for Suzuki 300 or 250 can’t remember

Attachments

• F8637120-FDC4-4851-B4A9-31E230E2E2CC.jpeg
    F8637120-FDC4-4851-B4A9-31E230E2E2CC.jpeg
    73.7 KB · Views: 76
Other quote for Suzuki 300 or 250 can’t remember
The second quote doesn't seem to include controls or anything?

I've heard: be wary of the g2's. I run g1's and they are really cool. Sounds like a turbo prop aircraft on step. It took them years to master the g1/ficht technology.

I heard Parker’s. Checked it out Their web page says safe up to 11. Grand on em..
My quote from Parker marine....

thanks for the inquiry on the 300Etec g2 package. Please find the package pricing below

1) 2020 H300XWFAK (all white) 25" leg with controls package ( Icon digital control box, Nautilus digital gauge, wiring, key switch , battery cables, Stainless Rebel series prop ) and approx installation $26404.00+ taxes 3 yr warranty . only 1 available in stock

2) The warranty covers parts and labour due to defects for 3yrs and is valid at any authorized Evinrude dealer in Canada. We have 2 locations Courtenay and Nanaimo.
Not looking like 11 grand off to me
That in no way seems like a good enough deal to buy a etec, imo.

The second quote doesn't seem to include controls or anything?

I've heard: be wary of the g2's. I run g1's and they are really cool. Sounds like a turbo prop aircraft on step. It took them years to master the g1/ficht technology.

Controls etc. are covered in the $3500 for accessories

The E techs are not worth the risk even if they were $10,000 cheaper at this point. Feel bad for South Island marine. Can’t seem to pod a boat with a 300 for under 35/40 grand. Might be time to down size

Back