Thick Schooling Rainbow Trout Underwater Vid

FishDoc

Loads of Rainbow Trout were tracking down and attacking the slender spoon under the ice. I can't believe how many fish are down there. Most of the fish are the Pennask or Kamloops rainbows with the odd Fat Fraser Valley Rainbow that swims by. Also a few brook trout show up to play. This is a 1/8 oz slender spoon in gold and green tipped with a piece of shrimp. But you can see that even with a bare hook they were still attacking it.

Most of the hook ups occur in the last half of the video.

[3k-MA7J14ys]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k-MA7J14ys

That is awesome. How deep was the camera? I'm surprised how bright it is. Did you have to change your lens or is that stock? I have a go pro but haven't used it yet. Hope to put it to the test this season though. Good job on the Vid.

That is awesome. How deep was the camera? I'm surprised how bright it is. Did you have to change your lens or is that stock? I have a go pro but haven't used it yet. Hope to put it to the test this season though. Good job on the Vid.

This is a stock gopro hero 3+ Black. If your gopro has a flat lense on the case it will work. The old curved one was blurry and you need the dive case in that instance. this was 11 feet deep and there was 4 inches new snow and cloudy. If I would have done it the day before would have been way brighter.

Very good quality footage with that Go Pro.Definitely getting one of those down the road.Thanks for sharing that,Fish Doc!

Nice. Thanks for the info. Don't mean to hijack this thread but have a couple questions. My gopro has an original fish eye type lens. Is the flat lens you mention any good for normal above the waterline filming? And how about distance? My gopro seems to be best at a distance of about 5 feet. After that the image starts to distort(fisheye). Might the flat lens fix that? I see a three different lens kit available at future shop but know little about photography.

Nice. Thanks for the info. Don't mean to hijack this thread but have a couple questions. My gopro has an original fish eye type lens. Is the flat lens you mention any good for normal above the waterline filming? And how about distance? My gopro seems to be best at a distance of about 5 feet. After that the image starts to distort(fisheye). Might the flat lens fix that? I see a three different lens kit available at future shop but know little about photography.

Well when I used to use my gopro hero HD it had fish eye lens case and always wondered why under video was blurry. Then red about the distortion. So they came out with a flat screen dive case so I bought that one. Works amazing underwater. Now all the new gopros come with a flat case lense cause it is better underwater and above water. Less distortion all around. Pretty much 90 % of my videos are on gopro. Easy to use and good quality.

Back