They weren't fined enough

$500 each for having 18 halis between two guys??

I don't care about the sea lion part as they are pretty though, and they probably never hit one.

$500 each for having 18 halis between two guys??

don't care about the sea lion part as they are pretty though, and they probably never hit one.

Geeze, if thats all poaching Hali is worth why not? Other than being illegal, if you can only get out once or twice during a shortened season, you load up and the pressure is off. After all if you catch one, you can catch more. Not only is the qouta issue dumb as hell, they can't even enforce their own bloody rules when individuals violate them.
I appreciate the work of Fisheries officers and biologists, I just can't tolerate the beerocrats, judges and the rest of DFO I hold responseable for stuff like this.

poachers

those guys got caught,,i feel that the fine was way too light,,something wrong there,,i wonder how many others have done this and have been getting away with it,i bet there are a few,,

yes the fine hardly covered the value of the fish. What ever happened to taking boats, trucks, fishing gear ect... something that might resemble a deterant.

yes the fine hardly covered the value of the fish. What ever happened to taking boats, trucks, fishing gear ect... something that might resemble a deterant.
Yep A**HOLES HIDING in all groups and they get away with murder.

18 Halibut? That's not an extra one for mom under the seat. That's wholesale commercial fishing. That boat should have been wheeled away right then and there PERIOD. And then he could explain to a judge how he was 16 over limit, and how as a profesional guide (He is), could have possibly made that mistake.

But if I read the article correctly, the fine is $500 per offence, that is $500 X 16 (over his limit of two), that's 8 grand. Getting close to reasonable, but if you have been running a black market busines out of a $100,000 boat, I figure that number is a **** in the wind.

Gota agree with you there Kelly...drop in bucket compared to potential reward those rats stood to earn. These sort of things also don't help the rest of us legit sport fishers in our cause for a proper allocation.

There should have been a lengthy period (a year) of not being allowed to buy a fishing license added to the fines.

There should have been a lengthy period (Life) of not being allowed to buy a fishing license added to the fines.

Fixed it for you PF

I was feeling compassionate with Christmas and all. ;)

i agree , fines dont always work ,
these idiots obviously were selling there fish , I would have loved to here them
answer that question from the Judge ? Why did you have so many in your Possession ???

Hit em where you know they CANNOT DO IT AGAIN , or at least a LONG time , take away there Sports Fishing License Renewal privileges ,
I hope you fellas down South know this piece of $hit , and let em have it ,
let his customers all know it too , if he has any left ,
he wouldnt last a day on WCVI guiding after this..

Fricken Raging on this one....

Anyone know the name of his outfit ??

FD

too funny

im pretty sure you cannot set rods , handle downriggers , bait hooks , handle any pots that most guides set up , do test fish tacks before they arrive........ yadayada lol , you get my point...

u are right , a poacher is a poacher , the courts are not morons , they should be able to identify a typical a Sportsfisher Violation , vrs a Poacher Scumbag that is clearly using our Resourse for some type of personal financial gain , illegally !!! , just proves how screwed up our failing system is...

Im sure theres a 100 ways ta fix this , its not rocket science , really sux seeing this $hit happen ,
especially with the Halibut issues in hand ..

m2b

Merry Christmas LC...

FD

Back