There's a new guide in town ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on municipality your operating out of...

interesting,, if it was reasonable, sure .... why not support the town you work out of?

i know we would have to earn it first , but it is a write off...

Municipal business license has no bearing on your taxes. It is just a license to operate your business in that jurisdiction. Some municipalities are part of an inter municipal license system. It allows a company to operate in all the municipalities in the agreement. My business license for the crd is $100. Regardless of money earned.

Municipal business license has no bearing on your taxes. It is just a license to operate your business in that jurisdiction. Some municipalities are part of an inter municipal license system. It allows a company to operate in all the municipalities in the agreement. My business license for the crd is $100. Regardless of money earned.

Thx, wasn't sure how that worked

Thx, wasn't sure how that worked

Trust me we all have businesses and dont know how it works either... Its one of those payments you just say... writing it off..LOL You get a big fine if they come after you... Its the same payment up in cvrd...But some municipalities in rural areas dont need it depends... So in this case of a guide working in rural areas so may not apply.. Sooke definitely would need one though if you have it under a registered business name.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, you guys publicly announce the exact location of thisguys vessel on a public forum then others state that they went and checkedhis boat for safety equipment. Pretty wild actions regardless of your opinions.<o:p></o:p>

Wow, you guys publicly announce the exact location of this guys vessel on a public forum then others state that they went and checked his boat for safety equipment... Pretty wild actions regardless of your opinions of him.

Wow, you guys publicly announce the exact location of this guys vessel on a public forum then others state that they went and checked his boat for safety equipment... Pretty wild actions regardless of your opinions of him.

wild actions? Wow, i think the wild actions would be on his part..

If you look at the link that started the thread, the charter's ad on used victoria listed the location of the boat with pics and registration numbers.

Nice to see someone offering reasonable rates ...
If i didn't have my own boat a guy like this gets my call...
SOME of today's 4 Strokes sip fuel on the right boat, my rig for example gets 6 -7.5 mpg...many boats out there could do the same thing and charge even less while still taking home MOST of the fee...
Everything around here is too bloody expensive as it is....
$800 or more to fish your back yard seems totally wrong...
twocents.gif

SOME of today's 4 Strokes sip fuel on the right boat, my rig for example gets 6 -7.5 mpg...many boats out there could do the same thing and charge even less while still taking home MOST of the fee...
twocents.gif

yup, I agree

Wow, you guys publicly announce the exact location of thisguys vessel on a public forum then others state that they went and checkedhis boat for safety equipment. Pretty wild actions regardless of your opinions.<o:p></o:p>

Seems like a lot of people on internet forums discussing the rules when they could be out FISHING!

Theres a New "Warden" on the internet now boys watch out! lol

Remember the good days way before guides had any real rules. Me and a certain now dually famous guide guy used to charge peanuts $10 per hour to take people out of pedder??? Anyone could guide if you had the boat? Maybe the new regs and rules helped increase the price. Is it now safer? Have not seen many clinker built on the head lately? 17.5 DE was "the" boat to own, now look where we are. Progress and this whole thread to bang on a guy?

HM

�� yup, I agree

x2

Its part of our economy. Charge as much as the market is willing to bare. Not what is reasonable or fair. $800-$1200 is pretty steep when most charter trips rarely get more than 15 miles from the dock. And ya don't even get a sandwich.

twocents.gif

seems pretty cheap when you get a professional with 100k invested in his tools....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back