The Vessel Operation Restriction Regulations: TC handing control over to the provinces and municipalities

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentaqua

And the water column is FEDERAL not municipal, as well. "Ultra vires" = illegal: https://www.canlii.org/en/#search/t...res&searchId=0bd4a95a3adc42c2be1387d710cc8fb6

seems like a slippery slope that I don't like.
I've personally experienced municipalities trying to force "ugly" boats out of an area (according to upland owner) with all sorts of incorrect allegations and threats. doesn't seem right to me

Not sure what to make of it. I have some experience on trying to get speed limits enforced at Grant Narrows at the mouth of Pitt Lake. There is an ancient 5km/hr sign there, and absolutely no enforcement. I witness other boaters fly through there all the time, narrowly avoiding kayakers and causing big waves at the launch/dock. I went to the Municipality, MP, MLA, and then finally got in touch with the Coast Guard, who put me in direct contact with someone at Port Metro Vancouver (they indicated they would renew the sign in the next 1-2 years - sorry guys, best I could do).

Anyway local Vancouver waterways are a mess of jurisdictions / lack of action. I don't know if this is an improvement or will make it worse...

Last edited:
Im concerned our waterways will be taken over by local politicians reacting to special interest groups. Think it’s bad now, just imagine municipality’s allowed to restrict boater movement, it’s just ripe for abuse.

Like the SRKW protection zone..
Anyone know why it’s an interim order still? Was there dire concerns involving safety or environmental disaster, where expediency trumped process?

That survey was a masterpiece of creating a preordaned outcome. They spent a lot of time and money having that survey prepared to allow them to say they surveyed people but the survey is going to give them the answer they want, with the protection of a survey.

That survey was a masterpiece of creating a preordaned outcome. They spent a lot of time and money having that survey prepared to allow them to say they surveyed people but the survey is going to give them the answer they want, with the protection of a survey.
That's how the government always works. I just ignored the carefully prepped questions and sent them an email instead:

mssregulations-reglementsssm@tc.gc.ca

Only 4 days left in the consultation period!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back