the popemobile is getting tired

Looking sharp. Man this has to be one painful experience for you. It’s tough waiting on one new boat to arrive you poor bugger have had to wait on two to be built until you could have your new toy lol. That would probably drive the average guy into the asylum.

Looking sharp. Man this has to be one painful experience for you. It’s tough waiting on one new boat to arrive you poor bugger have had to wait on two to be built until you could have your new toy lol. That would probably drive the average guy into the asylum.
It has been torturous for sure, especially since I sold my other boat at the end of last summer and have only been out once since then (with the gentleman @carpeweekend). @Stizzla has been kind enough to offer to take me fishing as well but the timing hasnt lined up.

To make things worse, there is a chance that my lodge opens up this year so my time with my new toy may be cut short!

Rayvon is right though, the wait will absolutely be worth it. :D

Are you going to wrap the Hull on this second boat? I’ve gotta say I really like the look of the bare aluminium, I thought the wrap on the other one kind of killed the sweet lines.

No wrap on this one. That was something my builder wanted to do so it was presentable as a showpiece. I like to keep things simple whenever I can and bare aluminium is just fine with me. Less to worry about especially if i gouge it at the dock or something.

Im not sure of the name of the antiskid product but its mixed and then applied with a trowel. He scuffs the deck first and then paints it on.

Its a single heavy-duty axle roadrunner and surge brakes. Rated for 4200lbs.

RoadRunnerSpecSheet1000px.png

I may have asked us but are you doing a heavy duty single axle trailer or a dual axle trailer?
After having a single axle on my 18 foot maxum I'd never do that again. They just don't track as nice behind you. For running around the city and launching its fine but for highway speeds it's unnerving.

My popemobile was on a single axle, and it tracked great at hwy speeds, until I put a kicker on and then the balance shifted and it would start to sway a bit. Im hoping itll be fine if I can get the balance right. If money was no object Id probably get a dual axle tufftrailer, but Im already about 200% over budget ;)

sounds like you had a axle or load issue
I have a 20' Thunderjet Luxor on a 5200lb single axle Tricker Trailer. This combo is great. It handles fine at highway speeds and half the tires and bearing maintenance. You just need to make sure that the trailer is rated a fair bit higher than the final weight of the boat.

Scuppers go out the back corners of the deck and underneath the pod/swimgrid

Back