The Most Annoyin/Aggravting Fishing Terms

Pippen

I read a message today from people Saltwater Trolling........and it just made me chuckle.

"Buddy we were out there.....working everything......"

"We worked the area hard" Or even worse "We fished hard today".

YOU sat on a boat.....barely lifted your arse up and worked a steering wheel and the odd net and rod combination; all while drinking beer!

Believe me....I am guilty......but don't say you fished "hard". Makes me laugh. "Ya.....we worked the area pretty hard".

"Stick and stay make her pay" after 3 hours of lure washing.
"The full moon put them off the bite" even though others are up to their armpits in guts at the cleaning table and it was cloudy all night.
Anyone that refers to the Canucks as "we", except for the players and staff.

"The full moon put them off the bite" even though others are up to their armpits in guts at the cleaning table and it was cloudy all night.
Yeah its funny how some guys have such a hard time admitting they sucked that day..........

"giv'n'er"

At the cleaning station:
1. "is this a coho?"
2. "Is this a wild fish or a hatchery?"
3. "How many of these are we allowed to kill?"
4. " I am really glad we can kill 2 halibut every day"

Any elitist term by a feather chucker directed at a gear washer........i.e."Yeah I used to throw spoons until my fishing EVOLVED, Now I am strictly a fly angler" while standing beside his Range Rover and lighting his pipe........

Last edited by a moderator:
Slot size? What's that? As an obviously oversized Chinook is cleaned by a local..

My dad always says "oh well, that's fishin" I especially like it when he says that right after he goes to net a fish, misses and catches the hook on the lure and does a perfect release...

Telling the guy playing the fish to not lose it like on Wicked Tuna.

I seriously doubt they want to lose it!

Careful,easy, easy, tip up, tip up-patience, patience, play it out there, Don't clamp, easy easy--LOL Brought a smile to my face and can almost see the fight-unfortunately the words came too quickly so I have a nasty feeling that I'm the guilty party LOL I must remember to Shut UP!

If no fish were caught that day asking anyone on the boat - ' who brought the banana onboard ? '

Say what you want to about them, but the cursed yellow fruit is a very legitimate bad luck charm. I can catch fish all day long with the best of em', bring a banana and all of a sudden you've gone and got yourself a skunk day...

The most aggravating fishing term I've heard is, "I'm not snagging, I'm jigging". As the person riffs on the pole from the surface of the water to behind their head in one smooth fluid motion...

Back