The improved fish camp thread

Thought I would drag this one up again to show why I missed out on the epic tuna fishing this past weekend.

A couple of old time buddies, my son, and myself worked 13 hours on Saturday and a few on Sunday morn to get the bathroom finished up at da beach. We missed out big time but we can have hot showers and take a real dump now lol!!!

Too tell you the truth, the chloro shots looked the ****'s on Friday. The weather looked good though. It's hard balancing ones life and it's even harder to get good guy's to help you out with projects these day's (everyone is busy right now). The economy is booming!

Anyways we have a fully functional bathhouse now. My buddy christened the toilet and I christened the shower. It will be really nice after those long days of fishing and it won't stink up the trailer anymore ha ha!!!

Just before roof on.

Water tank full. Nice clean rain water.

I got a free crate tank off a buddy and put it under the front of the trailer for washing the boat.

The new First Flush system installed to catch debri and keep sediment out of the holding tank.

Continued....

New flooring installed. It's that really thin click together stuff that is all plastic/rubber. Great for weather resistance because I am not insulating this building. I'm going for the full ventilation thing.

Shower stall and a free hot water tank installed.

Half a toilet installed lol.

Sink rough in done.

Continued.....

Shallow well jet pump and drains installed.

Exterior light to see WTF your doing.

Click on the pic for the vid of the toilet flushing.....(ya, ya, you have all seen a toilet flush, but it's a big deal for up at da beach).

Continued....

Last edited by a moderator:
The full meal deal pump and filter system.

The full toilet installed.

Vanity installed temporarily (just for the ladies this coming weekend).

Mirror installed as well as the GFI for those damn hair dryer's LOL!!!

Continued....

Don't take it seriously BGM.....

New outdoor lights on the main trailer. Very nice for cooking outdoors and just seeing where your going period.

Outdoor water bib for guest trailers or washing the boat etc.

All cleaned up nice and buried etc.

I'm going to clad the outside of the shed with cedar shingles and the inside is going to be done up with 1 x6 tongue and groove finished cedar. Should be killer!!!!

Cheers,
John

that's amazing man.. people wont want to leave..what an awesome project!

Thanks Jeff. I don't ever want to leave after being up there, but I have to come back to work to pay for it man :cool:. It's been a long haul with this thing but she is operational now and I just have to plug away at the finishing things now :).

Bring on the calm winds and good weather for the long weekend. Tuna look out!!! The boat and gear are ready to go at a moments notice.

Awesome. Well thought out and that hot water tank is going to be the cats meow. Draining the water in the winter or insulated pipes with heat trace?

Thought we were going to have a shirt burning party..... Guess that's when it all finished

Looking good John..... Now go fishing :)

Awesome. Well thought out and that hot water tank is going to be the cats meow. Draining the water in the winter or insulated pipes with heat trace?

Thanks Dan. I'll be draining the water in the winter. I'm trying to use as much weather / temp change proof materials as possible due to no insulation or heat. It's very well ventilated so moisture or mold shouldn't be an issue.

Well after the long weekend with 7 people up there (three of them being women), using the shower, the toilet, the sink, and washing the boat on Monday, we only managed to kill approx. 400 gal's of water (1500 gal. holding tank). Not bad me thinks :). That is a busy weekend for us. Usually just 2 or three with way less flushing if ya know what I mean. I'm good for a few more weekends and I'm sure there will be some rain in there somewhere :cool:.

The hot water was a blessing as I am getting a bit older now lol. Nice to not smell yourself after day two ha ha :D.

Back