The Gulp Test

falcon1

I will have two rods with me at lookout lake tomorrow, so I am going to bait one with the usual (worms), and on the other I will put gulp salmon eggs. The container says outfishes live, so I am putting that to the test. Will post the outcome.

Sounds cool...

Are you going to be fishing them the same?

I don't think a gulp egg on the bottom and worm off the bobber would be a fair comparison...........

Both off the bottom. Exact same setup. Gulp will have a slight advantage with it floating off the bottom and being bright orange, but that is part of the test! There will be some variables that can't be controlled, such as area but it should be pretty fair.

What do you think the result will be?

Dunno?

In that kind of scenario I would like to think the gulp eggs will win. Let us know what you do

to get the worm to float get a syringe, and pump some air into that sucker. try to make only 1 hole, and get the smallest needle possible, it works really well.

kunni

I was going to add that to my last comment... I chose to delete it...

We cant give out all the secrets..
emo-coffee.gif

:D

Hope you're bringing a fishing pal, it's illegal to fish two rods at the same time in BC unless you are alone in a boat on a lake.

Yes, don't worry BGM. The test wasn't carried out as planned: I went to lookout, but then after about half an hour, (no bites on either) I called up a friend and we went to langford. I abandoned bait fishing, although my trolling setup was a gang troll with a pink wedding band and a large night crawler. Got a ton of bites and played many fish, but only boated one. The fish were not biting hard, even the one I landed was barely hooked through the lip.

And I already knew about pumping up worms, just never tried it.

Yes, don't worry BGM. The test wasn't carried out as planned: I went to lookout, but then after about half an hour, (no bites on either) I called up a friend and we went to langford. I abandoned bait fishing, although my trolling setup was a gang troll with a pink wedding band and a large night crawler. Got a ton of bites and played many fish, but only boated one. The fish were not biting hard, even the one I landed was barely hooked through the lip.

And I already knew about pumping up worms, just never tried it.

trick when they are biting short -

trout, naturally, when they attack prey dont expect it to keep moving. Slow the boat right down when you feel a strike. (with the electric motor i had, i would stop the boat completely and just coast) lip hooks mean that the trout are not traveling fast enough to take your bait deep enough. you need to slow your speed to compensate. More often then not, when you slow the boat down after getting a strike, and the fish well take the bait properly.

i also abandoned the wedding band on the end of the gang troll. - a found a shank hook with just worm ( rigged Carolina style) to be much more effective.

Hmm, I will try the plain worm. The speed thing is good, but tricky the way I was going. I was in a canoe with another person. Paddling, not with a motor. Tough to slow it down quick enough.
Thanks for the tip though.

Back