The cheapest of all

Killer. So assuming you have to give groupon 50 % (maybe more) you are getting $24000 for 240 half day trips? Or 1200 hours on the water. So 20 bucks an hour?

Last edited by a moderator:
Killer. So assuming you have to give groupon 50 % (maybe more) you are getting $24000 for 240 half day trips? Or 1200 hours on the water. So 20 bucks an hour?

You can negotiate with them to get their take down to about 30% if they know it's a good selling thing which any outdoor activity is.

120 working days or 240 half days. (4 months) some where in the high 30k's
Not as much as one guy on the water in nootka made last year. His season was 48k less days required, less hours on his engine, but his costs were higher too. I wouldn't do this again for 199 though, but even if a bunch come back at full rate next year it was probably worth it. This year really just puts a new motor on, and pays for what I paid for the boat, and a bit in the kitty.
I wasn't expecting by any means to get rich from this. It just enables some other things, and gets me out in the fresh air where I feel better healthwise. Networking with that many people can have perks too. We'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:
IDD works a little differently. They will work with you to set a limit where groupon will not. As well your parameters can be dictated to your needs where as groupon dictates their parameters.
IDD takes 30%. If .org had gone that way he would be 199.20 clear before gas +.
Good idea to only run a 5 hour gig. That way .org has set up a good intro to up-sell overtime at regular rates.

Back