Taking DFO to Court

Welcome to our world all the inside water up to Port Hardy July 15 open to slot size 65 -80 cm One fish. You can catch the same fish coming down in Area 11 Two any size. How about the same rules on the coast for everybody...More springs around this year since the America back off up in Alaska .That my two cent

It's about time.
Having our access enshrined by law is the only way to guarantee our share of the resource and stop the politics.
Donated and shared.

I have to say, I think its pretty clear we just don't deserve good things. We have over 140000 adult licenses in BC, and only 73 donations with no pulse in 3 days (in what looked like for a few days could have been a decent campaign). There are bigger people/organizations that have supported, but the message being spread clearly isn't strong enough or persistent enough, or people just don't care enough to help make a difference. Not caring equals we lose our rights and this is why the sports fishing community is always taking a back seat. At this point, it is what it is.

I, and many others have said for years that APATHY is the greatest single weapon working against us.
To the point that now DFO (and others) actually rely on that.
This represents simply another case thereof...

Sad & Frustrating!

Nog
Just getting used to being ignored. No rights for recreational fishers. But just maybe FN's will be listened to they want many of the same things but for a variety of different reasons, some of which cross over FOR recreational fishers.

Just made my donation. The number of people donating didn't change to 78 from 77 so maybe the counter isn't working right. Seeing a 15% tip auto loaded was surprising. Yes it's adjustable down to zero but it could have just been easily set at zero to start. This tipping thing is out of control. How is the work and service different from processing a $5 donation (.75 cents) and a $500 donation ($75). A flat charge service fee for all donations might be a better approach.

i found that even tho we have 300k plus salt water licence sales, that active community is about a thousand people.
that 300K includes every license written for lodge and guide guests, so you can imagine how many of those people actively follow the politics of our fishery. You would think that the guides in Renfrew would be hitting every guest up for a donation but that does not seem the case.

Back