Tahsis ouch!!

This topic has me thinking pretty hard about my scuppers that sit below the waterline in my striper. I’ve been thinking about plugging them and plumbing the deck drains into an aluminum box with a bilge pump in it.

This topic has me thinking pretty hard about my scuppers that sit below the waterline in my striper. I’ve been thinking about plugging them and plumbing the deck drains into an aluminum box with a bilge pump in it.
That contradicts the whole idea being scuppers. Plug them and make new ones above the weighted water line

It's the hoses. They are a ***** to change!

I just put the rubber adjustable bungs in mine when it calls for it...remove them to hose the deck and let the water drain. If docked overnight and big winds are predicted will put them in just to be safe and let bilge take care of any rain water overnight.

I know it's not possible with most boats,but my project boat will have no below water line thru-hulls.The pod makes that possible,and front and rear bilge pumps for rain water when uncovered.On my Grady I use bungs like Profisher at times when heavily loaded.

this is what I installed on my Grady. A one way scupper valve made by TH Marine. Not perfect but cuts down water coming in thru scrapper dramatically. Probably 90 percent.

ive done only 3 holes for my new one. 2 toilets and watermaker. newer engines pull thru the saildrive so you dont need an extra thru hull. only other thing would be the hole for the transducer which is annoying.
guess i need to stock up on 4 bungs.

Back