Swivel mount

Ya I like them because they are shiny. I’m like a crow , l like shiny things
You and me both brother.

The wife told me, “you’ll be polishing finger prints off them all day” I’m like,, yah and the down side is what lol.

So I did something last year to help stop the plastic swivels to make them last longer, took the swivel apart and the top plate that has the holes in them there is the one hole that you use depending where you have have the button (inside gunnel, stern or bow).so the next hole beside is the one that always gets destroyed over time as the pin stretches or breaks into it making the swivel base kinda F$%$^. So I was thinking outside the box again!!! how do you reinforce it, WELL I got a SS bolt that fit in the hole If i remember right it was 5/16 and cut it level to the depth of the hole,zip sawed the bolt of made up some 5 min epoxy and set that bolt into the hole beside the pin. I also put teflon marine grease on the pucks to make the swivel base move easier, reassemble and your good to go. the 4 nuts and bolts holding the puck to base I just tighten, to where its tight then backed off a lil bit . Ran the whole season with out wreaking a base. as you dont really use that one pin hole anyways. I cant imagine paying close to 400 bucks for that shiney thing so now each rigger would be in the excess of over a grand im sorry thats insane!!!!!!

As hank and italio would say that the "guide tip of the week" lol
Good luck wolf

What ever system I go for I will use my old scotty locks for the swivel mount.
I use Allen head s/s bolts and a washer to lock mine down. Who carries an allen wrench with them to steal your rigger. Also use the same on the cross bolt.

I use Allen head s/s bolts and a washer to lock mine down. Who carries an allen wrench with them to steal your rigger. Also use the same on the cross bolt.
Could jam some lead shot it there as well.

For a field repair you can take the bases apart and rotate the top plate so you essentially have a new locking hole. Or, you can order new top plates from Scotty. I repaired 3 bases last year for a grand total of $40. I also like that the base is the weak link - not the gunnel or the rigger itself. Although, those fancy bases are very nice!!

For a field repair you can take the bases apart and rotate the top plate so you essentially have a new locking hole. Or, you can order new top plates from Scotty. I repaired 3 bases last year for a grand total of $40. I also like that the base is the weak link - not the gunnel or the rigger itself. Although, those fancy bases are very nice!!
Great tip, thanks

See, I’d have to disagree with you on the base being the weak link. If you bust a base when you’re out fishing, that rigger is out of commission. 99% of the time the rigger is failing due to the ball either being hung up or bouncing. The line should fail or a connecting point should. Everyone always carries extra balls and connections. quick and easy fix.

Yah I’m not saying I’ll ever get these fancy things but I very well may in the next couple years but if I did it wouldn’t be a durability thing. Like I say my boats a shop queen anyways and those Scotty plastics will last me 30 years and never break down.

If and when I get them it will be purely a cosmetic pleasure, and heck why not. I like some of the finer things in life, I make no apologies for it. Wouldn’t be the only non necessary guilty pleasure I’ve put in that boat so far lol.

But it wont help you one bit catching more fish!! LOL LOL
you guys that like the shiny stuff are worse then women and jewelry LOL LOL
But your boat is a tool for you Roy, it’s a piece of equipment you use to make a living. For most of us it’s a guilty pleasure to begin with so why not. Some people have the antique cars and collector cars some of us have our boats. I have a couple other boats that are more tools for me as well. They don’t get quite the attention my big boat does. This one she’s my baby and she gets lots of attention. My wife is extremely jealous of her too.

Totally agree with ya bud but seems like a huge waste of money to spend money on something that works just great as it is , id rather put money into something that REALLY useful ohhhhh like GAS. LOL LOL

Totally agree with ya bud but seems like a huge waste of money to spend money on something that works just great as it is , id rather put money into something that REALLY useful ohhhhh like GAS. LOL LOL
This isn’t gonna be like the inboard stuff you’ve been going on about for years and we’ll see this at sheringham in a year talking about how great it is!

This isn’t gonna be like the inboard stuff you’ve been going on about for years and we’ll see this at sheringham in a year talking about how great it is!
NOPE lol I don't fish there maybe otter LOL, ive already made great improvements on how to make them function better , I personally choose to spend my money wisely especially the way things are going on in the world right now, prices for stuff are insane and I dont know how anyone can afford stuff... and still live????

NOPE lol I don't fish there maybe otter LOL, ive already made great improvements on how to make them function better , I personally choose to spend my money wisely especially the way things are going on in the world right now, prices for stuff are insane and I dont know how anyone can afford stuff... and still live????
I dunno Roy sounds a lot like we’re having the inboard conversation again haha I’m just kidding I think they look awesome but sadly they won’t be on my boat anytime soon…. Unless @Fisher_dude wants to sponsor me!

So I did something last year to help stop the plastic swivels to make them last longer, took the swivel apart and the top plate that has the holes in them there is the one hole that you use depending where you have have the button (inside gunnel, stern or bow).so the next hole beside is the one that always gets destroyed over time as the pin stretches or breaks into it making the swivel base kinda F$%$^. So I was thinking outside the box again!!! how do you reinforce it, WELL I got a SS bolt that fit in the hole If i remember right it was 5/16 and cut it level to the depth of the hole,zip sawed the bolt of made up some 5 min epoxy and set that bolt into the hole beside the pin. I also put teflon marine grease on the pucks to make the swivel base move easier, reassemble and your good to go. the 4 nuts and bolts holding the puck to base I just tighten, to where its tight then backed off a lil bit . Ran the whole season with out wreaking a base. as you dont really use that one pin hole anyways. I cant imagine paying close to 400 bucks for that shiney thing so now each rigger would be in the excess of over a grand im sorry thats insane!!!!!!

As hank and italio would say that the "guide tip of the week" lol
Good luck wolf
As always, you are way out ahead of the crowd with innovative simple solutions to what many others see as complicated problems. Nice idea.

Back