Sweet Commander 26

sasqman

Crew Member
Had a sweet 1978 Commander 26 arrive at the marina last night. Really nice couple that have about 1700 hours into the full restoration. I figured I would share a couple pics with you guys as he did an amazing job. Nice collapsible radar, pod, new outboards and mini crane for the dinghy.

Screenshot_20200725-103117_Photos.jpg Screenshot_20200725-103038_Photos.jpg Screenshot_20200725-103653_Photos.jpg Screenshot_20200725-103711_Photos.jpg Screenshot_20200725-103726_Photos.jpg

He told me it was the #8 hull ever made

Homemade stainless with a custom little crane.
Nice. That's the thing about boating. You either need lots of skills or lots of money. Unfortunately I have neither ...

That boat is even nicer in person! They were at the government dock in bamfield about a month ago while I was staying there and I had a good look at it. They did a great job!

That boat is sitting nicely on its lines. Looks like they did a great job on that repowering. Wonder what it's like to play a fish with the dingy stored up there?

I saw this boat in Alberni and it’s in nice shape. I
Like the dingy carrier deal they have. It would be great if it was removable because the way the boat is set up currently it’d be tough to fish from.

I saw this boat in Alberni and it’s in nice shape. I
Like the dingy carrier deal they have. It would be great if it was removable because the way the boat is set up currently it’d be tough to fish from.
Totally agree. I think with the age of these folks and the fact that they were fron Vernon, I believe fishing was secondary to the cruising.

Back