Sturgeon

anyone fishing this last weekend

hewesonthefraser.jpg

We went out holiday monday, and what a blast, 12 sturgeon to the boat, nothing over 6'6, but still kept us on our toes.

vancouver, british columbia

hey there JAC
we were in fort langley area no more than 10-15min. away from the launch

Up river a tad dog roe is now the ticket, out fishing stink close to 4:1......

Getting close to the time you are coming down JAC?

Yeah I will be heading to the lower river on Nov 4 to 7. Will any of you guys be out there that weekend? What channel do you guys use for your VHF?

Thank
Jordan

hewesonthefraser.jpg

I was hoping to try sturgeon with a buddy soon. Would a hali setup work from shore? 7 ft rod with a penn 330 and 80 braid? I realize likely not ideal. I think i have the terminal down but would need to pic up some baits(doggy roe in pantyhose tie?). Any tips on attempting this? Were both sturgeon noobs.

Halibut rods are okay to use.... usually want something longer with a solid back bone (like the halibut rod) for throwing the weights.....

Take a look at bcfishing reports under general discussion, fresh water, there is a thread that is probably 300 posts long on sturgeon fishing! Let me know if you have any questions!

Mike

i fish an 8 foot rod technium. went out today and we caught lucky 13! nothing huge but lots of fun, chum roe was not lucky today but the stink bait was ideal. good luck all

quote:Originally posted by kelly

Thanks for the advice leaseman. Tons of great info. What size rod do you guys normally run? 7.5-8.5ft with a bit softer tip?

8' techniums from the boat, not good (IMHO) for shore as they are a sensative rod, not good for throwing the havier weights any distance!

If you are a member on BCFR, send me a pm there for more info!

Heading down a week today any new reports or tips on bait would be great. Where do you guys think is the best place to buy bait?

Thanks
JAC

hewesonthefraser.jpg

Back