Stuart Lake (Fort st James)

R

rainbow one

Has anyone ever fished this lake? If you have, could you give some information on what to use and where to go on this large lake. Thanks

Hey Rainbow,
I have just started to fish this lake and it is awesome. Been out a few times and found success every time. A couple days ago landed a nice sized laker. You will find most success right now near every creek mouth, the rainbows are getting ready to make the trek up to spawn. Little apex's trolled quickly will get the strike action your after.
Let me know how it goes.
CS out

Thanks CS, I may be going there on the long weekend in May to give it a go. Have you had any good size fish or are they small? What is the depth of this lake? I heard that the islands are good to fish around.
Tight lines,RO

Yo Slabby, long time no hear.. Anyway congrats on the laker, hope your gunna trek west at some point this season.. Big derby on the lakes this weekend. Dirty is goin solo for the first time and by the looks of his little box things should be in the bag.. Same e-mail bud-dirty

Yo Slabby, long time no hear.. Anyway congrats on the laker, hope your gunna trek west at some point this season.. Big derby on the lakes this weekend. Dirty is goin solo for the first time and by the looks of his little box things should be in the bag.. Same e-mail bud-dirty

hey dirt,
good to hear from you, lovin the outdoors up here, work is awesome as well! so much fishin/huntin that its a full time gig if you want. I will be on the island for all of July and into the first week of August. I'm guiding for Nootka Wilderness Lodge, really looking forward to the opportunity. In the middle of August i'm heading to peregrine for a week to rotate a trophy for butcher. looking forward to that as well. nothing beats a nw drift through bird rock in august. slabby central.
take care cs out
let me know if u are around?

hey dirt,
good to hear from you, lovin the outdoors up here, work is awesome as well! so much fishin/huntin that its a full time gig if you want. I will be on the island for all of July and into the first week of August. I'm guiding for Nootka Wilderness Lodge, really looking forward to the opportunity. In the middle of August i'm heading to peregrine for a week to rotate a trophy for butcher. looking forward to that as well. nothing beats a nw drift through bird rock in august. slabby central.
take care cs out
let me know if u are around?

Back