Stories

Well.. this story was OVER a body of water:-

About 3 years back I was sitting out on the back porch looking up at the night sky for strange stuff.
Believe me , if you watch the night sky on a consistent basis, you will see some strange things flying around up there from time to time. Not necessarily flying saucers but definitely objects that are hard to identify.
Anyway,to make a long story even longer......

After about 15 minutes this glowing orange ball shows up....heading to the skies over Lasqueti Island from the south.
It was fairly high up but probably not as high as a commercial jet, as the ball was noticeably large.

It was travelling slow......and wobbling on an uneven path. Too slow for meteorite or airplane or jet. Definitely wasn't a helicopter.
I watched it moved along and then clouds obscured it. I kept looking for awhile but couldn't see it again.

I was about to go indoors when suddenly I see this ball dropping from the sky right at the north end of Lasqueti over the chuck.
It was dropping haphazardly and actually quite slowly.
Thing is....there were these beautiful bluish long flames coming off it as it came down.
Didn't see it hit the water because trees and house and whatnot interfered with my view at that altitude.

That one actually gave me goosebumps.
Last summer up at my family's cabin ne night, I was lying out on the beach with my brother. We had a camp fire going. There was no meteor shower going on, but we saw a couple decent ones. Then, this massive orange one goes streaking across the sky. You could almost see the flames and eerier, smoke coming off of it. It seemed to move a bit slower than most meteors, but was still moving at quite a rate. It crossed about a quarter of the sky before burning out. Holy crap it was weird.

I've seen lots of meteorites............but this thing I saw was going w-a-a-a-a-ay to slow to be a meteorite.....

yea. mine was ging fast enough for a slow one but usually you don't see the smoke. and usually they are whitish blue

Another encounter with wobbling spheres I had:-

This was back in 1992. I was at my girlfriends place on shoreside Sterling Arm at Sproat lake (just outside Port Alberni).

Time:- approx. 12:45 pm in afternoon. Broad daylight. Overcast. Month of April.

I was digging her a garden, looking down at my shovel.
I hear this "hissing" noise like when you drop water on a hot griddle.
I look up to see what it is.
It is about a 40ft diameter ball going overhead. It is metallic.
It is shiny like silver with a hint of yellow-gold in it.
It is moving slowly.....about 15 mph....slight wobble from side to side.
It is making this hissing noise as it travels along.

I went down to the shore about 70ft away to get a clearer view.
I watched it for about a minute or so until it disappeared out of sight...all the while wobbling and moving along and "hissing".
On that a particular day there was almost zero wind.

I might have to write something tomorrow.... I have seen the balls Sf..

In my youth around Oak Bay we would get dry cleaner bags and gig them with candles. Sometimes rig them with reflective stuff inside pick a fairly still night (surprisingly hard), light the candles and sit back. You would be surprised at the number of UFO sightings. The other side of strange events.

Falcon1:- both of my posts were true and not made up. In the first, I can't over emphasize how slow the "glowing orange ball" was travelling. Slower than a small Cessna crossing the sky high up.

In the second:- Back in the day I used to do a lot of drawing/cartooning as a hobby. Ihave talent and I'm good at it.

I never gave what I saw that day much conscious thought. But like anything else, to be at the top of your game you have to practise a lot at it. Which I did with drawing.
Now for no explainable reason , a lot of times I'd be doodling freehand or speed-drawing and all of a sudden an unstoppable desire would come over me and I'd draw a sphere with a complicated "force-field" coming off it.
Maybe that's what the crackling "hissing" was...

Weather balloon? Plasma ball? Military? (ironically, the next day they had about 5 military helicopters flying in formation over the end of Stirling Arm.....but I chalked that up to a CFB Comox training run).
Still haven't figured out what it was.....on the upside I didn't see any little green men looking down at me....

Well.. this story was OVER a body of water:-

About 3 years back I was sitting out on the back porch looking up at the night sky for strange stuff.
Believe me , if you watch the night sky on a consistent basis, you will see some strange things flying around up there from time to time. Not necessarily flying saucers but definitely objects that are hard to identify.
Anyway,to make a long story even longer......

After about 15 minutes this glowing orange ball shows up....heading to the skies over Lasqueti Island from the south.
It was fairly high up but probably not as high as a commercial jet, as the ball was noticeably large.

It was travelling slow......and wobbling on an uneven path. Too slow for meteorite or airplane or jet. Definitely wasn't a helicopter.
I watched it moved along and then clouds obscured it. I kept looking for awhile but couldn't see it again.

I was about to go indoors when suddenly I see this ball dropping from the sky right at the north end of Lasqueti over the chuck.
It was dropping haphazardly and actually quite slowly.
Thing is....there were these beautiful bluish long flames coming off it as it came down.
Didn't see it hit the water because trees and house and whatnot interfered with my view at that altitude.

I have seen this as well, it is flare testing with military or search and rescue. They ascend slowly then use a parachute to come down even slower. They normally burn orange and when under parachute can be blown around. Not sure why they choose Lasqueti for testing, i called it in the first time i saw it and thats when they told me it was testing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen the military flares quite a few times in the area between Hornby and Lasqueti.

those nuclearsubs go by out in the middle of jdf regularly their base is just southeast of victoria

Not sure why they choose Lasqueti for testing,

to make the hippies on the island have a really good acid trip that night

Yep, we called in a flare off Lasqueti just before Xmas and was told it was training. It was during that storm that cancelled all the ferries. I think they were choosing nasty weather for better training and the flare didnt look the same as most.. i think the buffalo was ripping around around too, that plane is insane... It's probably the one getting confused as a UFO lol.

Flares sound like a resonable explanation. Seafever, I was joking. However I suspect a logical explanation behind it.

Let's just hope those fish come back..... I was in Copley park in Vic one night and saw something similar to the movement of the orange balk but it was way up in the sky... I don't care if they aren't biting I'm going fishing tomorrow.

Back