Stinger hooks

Sitkaspruce

How many of you fish with a stinger (or trailer )hook while fishing bait??? I finally tried one yesterday and had a 50% success, boated one and lost one. I am little worried about line twist and line pinch as one of the fish pinched the line between the prongs of the treble hook. I usually fish Buzz Bomb hooks as they have a weld between the prongs, but did not on the set up I tied.

Any opinions or ideas would be great.

Cheers

SS

Fishing001.jpg

I have just switched to a single barbless one ought steelhead hook for my stinger set up on my chovie rigs.

So to confirm it is the standard treble with a dropper long enough to keep the stinger beside the tail of the bait. No longer

Both are snelled.

I use a stinger all the time with bait and get a lot a fish with it especially in barkley sound because I think you get the fish that just nip at it instead of bitting it. and even if they bite at it the the stinger gets them to and then hey are all messed up. sometimes they are so messed up that i have to cut it out of the fishes mouth and retie it. I use a gammy hook for the stinger sharper the better. and I switch from gammy trebles, they were bending to much where do you get buzz bomb hooks from.

Back