Steelhead Fishing the Cowichan Circa 1988

They did back then. "Especially with a gob of Roe" . The secret today is a bead above a stonefly or a Bent Rods Jig. And maybe a rubber worm or a BC orange Gooey Bob but never a spin and glow. .
Cheers

they don't like spin n glows in that river

X2 Nobody does or should use that colour anymore ;)

P.S coop that was 25 years ago... You sure are aging gracefully....

They did back then. "Especially with a gob of Roe" . The secret today is a bead above a stonefly or a Bent Rods Jig. And maybe a rubber worm or a BC orange Gooey Bob but never a spin and glow. .
Cheers

Pulling your leg Gary.... they still do work :)

I know, Just playing the game. Anything works as long as you believe in it. Corky's can be great as well, especially over rocky terrane. Then again can you beat a spey when casting Marabou on a cool tail-out with a mist coming off the water.
No matter how you read it. The Cowichan is a river like no other and it does not matter how you fish. Just that you show her some respect.

Well said man......

Back in the 80's we didn't really have to work that hard for steelhead. Didn't have to get ourselves all smelly with roe either. It just wasn't necessary as Cowichan fish weren't shy about hitting a corky with a bit of wool or classic red spin-n-glow, gooey bob, strawberry spin, go-glow or my secret weapon, the tangerine Gibbs spinner.

your right, didn't have to get yourself smelly with roe, but most did. Took me two years to catch my first Steelhead.

Back