starcraft islander

Scalper66

thinking about buying a starcraft islander 191, just wonderiing if anyone owns one and what they think of it?

Check out iboats.com forum. Starcraft boats have near cult status judging from the traffic. I was looking at one but ended up with a Lund.

member J-GLOBAL rocks a 22'...

I have a 22, factory pod, so large deck. Have a 4 stroke Suzuki 140 on it and love it. Fast & very fuel efficient.

The Good:
Very light = easily trailerable and easy on the fuel.
Nice layout. Canvas top keeps you in out of the weather when necessary.
Nice cuddy.
Big deck, easily fishable with 3 guys walking around in the back.

The Bad: very light = gets blown around in the wind - especially when the top up.

Where I moor in the summer, there are 2 other Islanders, both with inboards, both a little smaller (20s I think)
One of those has been a dream for the owner, the other has had engine trouble every time I've seen it.

I'm looking at getting a bigger boat. 28'. Will be making a decision next weekend. If I do, my 22' will be up for sale soonafter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya I think I'm gonna go for it been having trouble tracking down a decent 191 around though 1994-2001:/

found a couple at Jones Boys Boats upcountry when I was looking ----go for the 22' with the pod it is sweet looking --- I ended up with a Crestliner Eagle

Just have to hit all Craigslist/ Kijji/used Victoria/Yacht World ect.-----spend a few months online and your wife will think your looking at ****

there used to be a site called--- Jaxed Mash --- it was awsome combined a whole bunch of search sites in one for all of north america --- but the jerks at craigslist made then take their listings off
Searching for boats is a fishers ****

actually just tried Jaxed mash-------- it still works ---but you need to use Safari as you browser or google chrome ---just pick the boat and follow the links ----it saves alot of time

I have a Starcraft Supersport 160 that I am cleaning up and getting ready to sell. It's been a solid boat for me and was a great first boat. Easy to tow, easy to launch.

Back