Stamp River Steelies are in!!!

Hey anyone got a recent report on the river? With this cold spell I can't imagine too much is going on, but I see some rain forcasted for the week so I might make a trip out there this upcoming weekend.

Hey anyone got a recent report on the river? With this cold spell I can't imagine too much is going on, but I see some rain forcasted for the week so I might make a trip out there this upcoming weekend.

Was out a few days ago. Chilly, chilly at the riv. Saw no one else fishing, as expected. Low, crystal clear water, 8lb test and #4 hooks. Rubbed Stamp Pool, tail-out, around the island and the slide. Hooked about a dozen juvenile clipped Steelhead about 5" - 6" long on single egg, all with full bellies. 4 jack coho and one big kipe on single egg, double egg and Jughead leech. Rolled one summer run about 7 or 8 lbs on Jughead leech at the slide.
Was cool and crisp out, socked right in as I drove down the hump into PA. Sky opened up to bright sunshine on the way home, half way up the hump.

The fishing goes off a cliff when we get these prolonged high pressure systems but it sure makes for some nice photographic opportunities on the river bank:

that looks like a cool little system your fishing there...love hunting steelies in stuff like that...;)

Yeap, low and slow. There are some winter runs there but it's tough fishing. Not many guys on the river which is nice. Not many fish though :( not nice. Spend couple days there but only managed 1 nice winter.

HS.

Hello from across the rock. You guys getting any rain to kick off the winter runs yet? Pretty dry still here on the east side of the island.

Back