Spoons...

Nog....if you aren't running a flasher why don't you just tie directly to the mainline; why the leader and another swivel?

Generally run ~ 30 pound mainline. For both plugs and spoons I bump the leader up to 50 pound "J-Line" which although thinner in diameter, is more abrasion resistant and of course a little stronger. Haven't lost any terminals due to teeth nor gill plates since I started doing that.

And nope, I pretty much never run an in-line flasher with a spoon. Dummies sometimes. Don't need to with the larger spoons later in the season.

... some ppl put a swivel on the hook end because they say if the fish is thrashing around it is less likely to twist off the hook

I do this with the sockeye spoons, and spinners/spoons in fresh water. When they do that Tornado Spin, it does help keep them hooked up. Never done that for springs though...

Cheers,
Nog

I personally tie it directly on the ring of the spoon 5 to 6 foot leader then an inline flasher works great.I also do what nog said about the 50lb leader thats all I use 30 main 50 leader for alll set ups.Also if Im not using a flasher i tye the spoon to a leader then a beed chain swivel then clip it in and bam bobs your uncle more for the bigger pilchard spoons and larger bait fish imitations.. These are for targetting chinook also.

Tight lines
Billydoos

Back