Sooke Report -- 2008 season

Thanks for the info Fins-n-Skins. We fished trap/O'brien from 0530 to 1230 to and nothing to show for it. Had one hit early at 80 feet but nothing after that. We moved the lines between 45 - 90 feet but I guess it was not our day. Only saw two fish caught and I think one of them was taken by a seal.

Little Hawk not me that sold you the GPS. My daughter is only 6 months so she is not ready for the soccer field yet:D

quote:Dad is just getting too slow to get to the rods,oh well when I get close to 80 I hope i'm as spry as him.He can still cuss a blue streak about losing fish though.
Sounds like he's doing great. My dad's gone now but he was still coming out with me up to when he was 85. I'd give alot to have one more shot with my old fishing teacher. See you out there, Dan. I've got a 17.5 double eagle "No Rigours" 2 more days of work and then I'm done til late August.
T2

Fished the trap this morning 530-1130, I got lucky and got me a teenager:). Cheanuh only seen 2 fish before noon, one of them being mine. Hopefully the dry spell is over

Last time I was out was about two weeks ago and didn't touch a fish and only saw one net. Figured I'd give it a bit more time and save fuel. Now that I have a few days in town and no work, I'm heading out this afternoon. Any reports in the last couple days? Looks like a good evening flood for the next few days.

I was at Cheanuh at around 6pm last night and seen 2 fish coming in. Thats all I know, but I will be out on Friday trying my luck

That sucks...
heading to Renfrew tonight , and hoping for better there.
Will report on Monday, if my hangover isn't too bad [}:)]

fearnofishy-1-1.jpg

Picked up a solid 20# at about 8:30 at the Trap on the "go-to" hootchie at 80 feet. Had one other good strike on the hootch, the chovy nada.

O'Brien was packed with 1 1/2 inch herring. Didn't see another net raised.

Fished Muir. Missed the early bite, but caught four clones 15 -17 in 45 min from 1045 -1130. 75 feet red and crome with red hotspot did the trick for us.

Lost a screemer and boated a 15 today. Saw some fish caught.
As addicted said bite seemed to be early and again for about an hour at the tide change.
Good to see some fish around.

Tips

Out friday night with Island Idiot. Fished the island smacked one around 30#s. Fish took a big first run, Mr sammy did the head shake thing after the first rush. Then watched Mr figgin seal grab my fish by the tail & well the fish was history. Lucky I got all my gear back as that rarely happens Ours was the only fish hit there out of about 14 boats bangin the rock. Oh well fourth fish in two years gone to them Ba@&$tards for me. Never even seen the bugger while we fishin, their gettin crafety. Watchout. Cheers FC

Fished otter this morning with JR, rough windy and the trip out there from cheanua was thick with fog but we managed to throw a couple of teenagers in the box. Usual green flasher, anchove and 70 to 90'. The bit was around the tide change.

fish.gif

any more people out fishing this week??
ill be heading out closer to the end of the week. mabe pedder or sunny.
any recomendations???
thanks
baz

iscootblue.png

yeah was supposed to head out this morning,
far to windy, i guess i might head to the lake instead...

iscootblue.png

did anyone get out today??
anyone going out in the morning, i know i am heading out, damn early tide change, lol

quote:Originally posted by dohboy

did anyone get out today??
anyone going out in the morning, i know i am heading out, damn early tide change, lol

2 words will sum it up....DEAD SLOW! (Muir / Otter) Also heard it was dead at the trap from other fellow skunked fishermen.

Back