Sooke Area Haly Fishin

F

fah cups

Red hot haly fshin for me and the buds. Took Jigger out this past Monday we landed a 48iber and a 70iber. Was out today with old salior and hit a 40iber and a big momma of 112 pounds what a blast. Done haly fishin for the season now!
Cheers Fah Cups

I didnt even know you can fish for Hali in Sooke. I was visiting for a week last month...should have tried!

Where do you go? what method?

If he tells you he"ll have to shoot you, so I heard anyway............

Interesting...

by shoot me...you mean, in the leg right? CUz it might be worth it :D

Howdy Ashtonspoutine. I won,t shoot you LoL . But if I give you my excact haly spot I may have some how you would say upset guys on my case. But having said that, pick up some charts and locate some pinnacles. As we are in a pink year i find the haly tend to hang around for them. As previous post have indicated get out there and explore, it will pay off. I hate it when I get a drive by and click boom the gps numbers are logged and I find a dozen guys on my spot. As for gear,bait and currents yes I will help you out!
Good Luck Fah Cups.

Real good buddy of mine just come from Kelowna for a couple days of fishing with me. Magoo has never caught a haly so we hit a little current window yesterday and I passed him the rod and he huffed and puffed up a 86 iber. Still can.t wipe the smile off his face. Will take him out for spring fishin tommorow. Cheers Fah Cups

good on you catching halibut in Sooke. I'd like to catch a halibut one day by jiggin' with cod jig as I do not have an anchor, float buoy. I am learning. I have fished with spreader bar and bait at that area but snagged on bottom rocks. lucky to pull up the spreader bar, and hook on a pedder bay rental boat few years ago.

So do you fish in front of Race Rocks lighthouse (west side) or inside race rock passage?

quote:Originally posted by fishspoon

good on you catching halibut in Sooke. I'd like to catch a halibut one day by jiggin' with cod jig as I do not have an anchor, float buoy. I am learning. I have fished with spreader bar and bait at that area but snagged on bottom rocks. lucky to pull up the spreader bar, and hook on a pedder bay rental boat few years ago.

So do you fish in front of Race Rocks lighthouse (west side) or inside race rock passage?

Don't think I'd try the Passage, get a chart, there are a few well known pinnacles in the Race Rocks Area. Hook up on one of them with some bait, you can drift if you want, but if there is any kind of tide, you will be loosing gear.

Hey Fishspoon thanks eh! Yes I do fish the West side and like Last Chance says look for the humps, but please!!!! go with someone who knows how to read a current table and knows how to anchour safely!!! Then its all about gear and how to deal with the haly when you get them to the boat, they are not little chickens like swifesure bank!!. good Luck Fah_Cups

Back