Something new you tried this year for salmon...

hambone

I was just reading some of the tips on captain dowriggins website... He does a pretty good job of showing how the possibilities are literally endless for rigging tackle. I'm envious of the stubborn types that don't change their ways, don't get caught up in gimmicks and often catch a ton of fish. I on the other hand enjoy trying different ways to rig gear in hopes of finding a deadly weapon. I do most of my fishing on the ECVI where fishing isn't always consistent, so trying to make extra little difference can be huge.

This year I stuffed my hoochies with an anchovy fillet and found that it made a big difference.

I watched a guy successfully use a double hoochie rig to catch a decent nook on a slower day where many boats got skunked :confused:.... from the flasher he had a trailing hoochie maybe 2 feet back (no hooks) and then another one the same distance with hooks. I was blown away.

What is something that you tried this year??

There is a way to keep pinks off bait.... but I can't share that one ;)

A grand total of one pink in August... I figured he was just stupid

Come on Lipripper. Not fair. Tell us how you did other than not fishing during the big run and using circle hooks.

Hambone, in the Charlottes when the Coho were stupidly thick, like a Coho every 5 minutes, I fished one side with a banana peel and hammered Coho. My buddy stuck a hot dog in a chovy teaser head and it caught a 20lb Spring in the Charlottes. lol!

wow, ive heard of the coho hitting bare hooks after ripping off the bait in the gwaii..... :eek:
they must be a pain in the butt when guiding no?

Eat bananas - then drink green tea and then drop an oreo cookie into the drink

Yikes...realy - do I really need to give it all away here, online?

Jus-digs

DHA.

Come on Lipripper. Not fair. Tell us how you did other than not fishing during the big run and using circle hooks.

I'll tell ya on Saturday

I'll hold you to that 6 Mile it is.

Back